PDA

View Full Version here: : Thanks mental4astro (Alexander)!

Poita
26-06-2012, 02:02 PM
I just wanted to publicly thank Alexander, I loaned him my old C8 a while back, and I received it back today and it is in *considerably* better shape than when I loaned it!

The last loan before that (to an un-named member) , it came back somewhat shabby, but it has come back from Alex better than I remember it being new.

Thanks for the cleanup and collimation and overhaul it received, the views through it are better than ever.

You are a true gentleman, and I hope the scope got some use.

Cheers

-Peter.

AstralTraveller
26-06-2012, 02:52 PM
That's really great news! One of those things that renews your faith in human nature.

Now Alex, how would you like to borrow my scopes, binos, lawnmower and line trimmer?? :P

mental4astro
26-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Gee, mate, I didn't do much, and I didn't do it alone - I asked for help here on IIS on a couple of things & was guided in the right direction. Even by you Peter.

It was my good mate hickny, aka Peter (yes, another one) who got to exploit your lovely instrument. It's tracking was smooth & quiet (no coffee grinder here :P ), the image sharp & clear. It was a pleasure to use. Saturn is a stunner through it - I had never seen so much detail in its clouds or rings.

Now, I'm happy to borrow just about anything, but your wife, well, I've got enough on my plate with my own,:rolleyes: . I'm always up for a challenge but I'm not suicidal.

Alex.

hickny
26-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Alex deserves all the credit for the cleanup of the C8. He researched how to do it and provided the elbow grease to do so.
To allow me to use the scope he loaned me a diagonal, several eyepieces, the correct power cable as well as a tripod.
The scope is a 'BEAUTY". Like Alex said in an earlier post the views of Saturn were outstanding. I used a second hand $14 logitec webcam to photograph and video the Moon and was very impressed with the tracking and the images. The motor is silent.
I didn't get to use it at a dark site, only used it in the inner city of Sydney but it was a lot of fun.
I'd like to publicly thank Poita for allowing me the opportunity and Alex for all his assistance that made it a most enjoyable experience.

Jen
26-06-2012, 08:56 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl: good one Alex :thumbsup: