PDA

View Full Version here: : F1 - Valencia Qualifying Sat 23 Jun 2012 21:30 AEST ONE HD

gary
22-06-2012, 07:43 PM
For F1 fans, coverage of the qualifying session for the European Grand Prix in
Valencia airs Saturday night at 21:30 EAST on ONE HD and is repeated
at 01:30 AEST Sunday morning on Ten.

With a New Moon weekend now upon us, it might be a case of record on the PVR and
watch later.

Practice 1 session just completed with Maldonado setting a 1:40.890
followed by Vettel on a 1:40.973, Webber on a 1:40.984 and Button on a 1:40.994.
Nothing between them.

In the closing minutes, Webber gesticulated with a closed fist at his friend Alonso
in the slower Ferrari which was holding him up as they turned into the main straight.

astroron
22-06-2012, 08:44 PM
I was watching the practice on Live Timing on the F1 site Gary :)
Thanks for the info :thanx:
Cheers:thumbsup:

scagman
22-06-2012, 09:19 PM
40mins to FP2

gary
24-06-2012, 11:53 PM
What an action packed race!

astroron
25-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Sure was Gary, wow I was so hoping Hamilton could hang on
To be shunted out :mad2:
A race full of changing fortunes :)
Great race all the same :D

gary
25-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Hi Ron,

Alonso had such a great start and did well to pick his way through
the pack. One would guess he couldn't believe his luck when Vettel's
car failed and then Grosjean's.

It was great to watch Schumacher and Webber pick their way through the
pack at the end. Webber was only 0.6 seconds behind Schumacher
when the yellow flags came out at the end.

Alonso now leads the championship on 111 points, Webber is now
currently second on 98 followed by Hamilton on 88.

gary
25-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Webber protesting that Schumacher used the DRS when the yellow
flags came out.

It will be interesting to hear what the stewards think and Webber might take third.

astroron
25-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Gary, that was about the most interesting race of the season,for a few reasons,it had every thing, prangs, overtaking,unexpected retirements, and the Schue on the podium.
What a race,:eyepop:
Glued to my seat the whole race,pitty about those damn adverts :mad2:
Roll on the next race at Silverstone :D

JB80
25-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Wow, they have finally managed to make Valencia an interesting race. Brilliant race in the end, gutted for Grosjean though I felt he had a good chance at making it 8 winners from 8 races. I don't think it'll too long before Lotus crack a first.

MikeyB
25-06-2012, 12:43 AM
What an extraordinary race! Prior to the safety car it looked like a runaway (and dull) win for Vettel, but after the safety car, it was all on for young and old, up and down the field.

I thought it was a masterful display by Alonso throughout and his pass on Grosjean just after the safety car restart, highlighted his unflinching commitment as he carved his way to the front of the field. Having three former Ferrari champions on the same podium was amazing and Webber taking 4th place was a just reward after an otherwise disappointing weekend. It was pleasing to see young Ricciardo finishing well too, even after the Petrov bingle.

gary
25-06-2012, 01:36 PM
No penalty to Schumacher for deploying the DRS when the yellow flags were out and the results still stand.

Maldonado handed a 20 second penalty for the collision with Hamilton which moves him from 6th place to 12th.

In the Sydney Morning Herald (http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/pastor-care-aggressive-hamilton-was-to-blame-says-punished-maldonado-20120625-20x2d.html), Hamilton is reported as saying -

Vergne was given a 25,000-euro fine and handed a 10 place grid for Silverstone and Kobayashi has been given a five place grid penalty.

One can imagine the FIA may have frowned upon Alonso's late arrival at the podium but as Martin Brundle said, it certainly makes for great television. :lol:

The Spanish crowd went wild as he took his bows in front of the grand stands and it certainly will be a moment he will never forget.

For those that missed the race it will be aired again tonight on ONE HD at 23:10 AEST.

kustard
25-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I was fully prepared for the typical train type Valencia race and at lap 30 or so I almost decided to put on the recorder and go to bed, but something stopped me and I'm sure glad it did!

Turned out to be a very exciting race with some very interesting passing and some very unexpected outs. Was good to see Webber move up into getting decent points and I'm really liking the performance of the Lotus (with the exception of Grosies alternator) :)