PDA

View Full Version here: : What are you going to do?

Nico13
09-06-2012, 03:29 PM
What are you going to do with your images of the transit? :question:

For those of us so lucky to see the transit and then be able to capture some images of this moment in time I guess we've all sat back and thought wasn't that great! We've shown each other and our work mates and other family members. :D
What now I thought, well I'm going to do some quality prints with hopefully longevity in mind and also in the print themselves and then I'm going to present those to my daughter with instructions to pass them on to her children and with instructions for them to do the same with the hope that they will make it to the next transit in 105 years time. :)

Some may say good luck with that or that's a bit corny but I have researched my family tree and to have something like this to show the then current family I feel would be great for them as I know we love to look at the old photos of history and times past. ;)

CarlJoseph
09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
I think that's a great idea to put something together to hand down. I don't have children yet and worked out that my grandchildren will be around 50 or 60 yrs old by the time they get to see it. Just imagine the technology they'll have by then!!

Matt Wastell
09-06-2012, 04:47 PM
My sister Na who lives in France is going to print one of mine off for her daughter Stella (her first birthday was on the 6 June) and put it in a frame in her room.
I will print one for my wall.

Nico13
09-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeh I wondered about the tech that'll be around then as well.
"iPhone 31s with HA Solar filter and 400x Zoom image stab 31MegaPix." :lol:

I already have grandchildren so I'll be looking at great or even great great grandchildren. :P

Great stuff Matt, that's exactly the sort of thing to do I think. :thumbsup:
And yep one for the wall possibly a small collage of the different shots I got.