PDA

View Full Version here: : Harry Manx

acropolite
28-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Are any Harry Manx fans out there??

HRH & myself went to a show at Devonport, well worth the effort, the most enjoyable concert I have ever seen, from one of the most unique artists on the planet, an added bonus is that Harry is quite a comic with a very dry wit.

Harry plays a variety of music from his own compositions to Hendrix on guitar, harmonica and banjo, his playing style merges conventional guitar, mostly slide with an oriental flavour.

If you don't know who Harry is or haven't heard his music then you've missed one of lifes pleasures so if you can find a show in your area don't miss it.

take a peek at this youtube footage taken from one of his shows, you really need decent headphones to appreciate the man's skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xrNvwST89w

Paddy de Klerk
29-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Howdy , First sat in on a performance of his A goodly few years back at the Basement ( a Respected venue in Sydney ). Catching up with him again in a few weeks time in Dee Why ,Sydney , this time. Sympathetic string s on his Maha Vinha are pretty neat. Blows a good Harp as well .
Paddy .

acropolite
29-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Paddy, there is a DVD "Wild about Harry" recoded live at the basement, might even be the same performance, 2003 I think it was recorded.

Unfortunately it's now only available from the US in NTSC format. Sounds sublime on a good home theatre setup.

astroron
29-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Phil, Did you know, that Harry Manx comes from the Isle of Man?
The people who come from there are called Manxmen, and there are cats with no tails called Manx Cats.:)
Just a bit of Trivia ;)
Coast FM on the Queensland Sunshine Coast used to play a lot of his music a few years ago when I used to listen to it.
Cheers :thumbsup:

acropolite
29-05-2012, 11:44 PM
I wasn't aware of that Ron, I always assumed he was a native Canadian.

Harry is playing closest to you at Currumbin on 29th June, if that's not too far to travel it would be well worth making the effort to see him live.

Tour dates http://harrymanx.com/tour/

astroron
30-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Thanks for that Phil :question:
But Currumbin is quite a fair way from me, probably 400 kms round trip:eyepop:

Cheers:thumbsup:

erick
30-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Had this DVD since 2004. Yet to see him live. One day - he comes to Australia from time to time.

acropolite
30-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Eric, he's in Australia now, there are several NSW shows in June before he returns to Canada, check the tour dates links above.

Paddy de Klerk
30-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Erich, Lizottes on Pittwater Rd Dee Why on the 15 th June. Not too far from home for you, or for me that matter. Mona Vale is where I lay my head . Our paths I`m sure will cross in time.