PDA

View Full Version here: : C 17 Globmaster flight times help please

leon
27-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Hi Guys, once again I'm in Darwin and I like nothing better than to take images of some of the big planes taking off from the end of the Darwin Airstrip.
Well that is not a problem as i have an updated list of the flight times so I can always be ready.
The RAAF also use this runway, and the C17 Globemaster takes off here quite regular, but the times are all over the place and to date I have not been able to photograph it taking off.

The question is this, is there anyway to get hold of a flight schedule, or am i pushing it up hill here :shrug:

Leon:thumbsup:

trent_julie
27-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I think both you and malicious minded people would like the answer to this one. I know i wouldn't mention such information on an open forum.

Trent

leon
27-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks Trent, Yea i know I'm probably dreaming.

Leon

Hans Tucker
27-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Unfortunately Leon benign as your intentions are flight schedules of military aircraft, in particular Airlift group is restricted information and the posting of such information on an unrestricted network leads the poster open to prosecution.

leon
27-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks for that info Hans I had better leave it at that, and just take pot luck in trying to catch an image of this plane.

Leon

Hans Tucker
27-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Its a shame your travel plan didn't take you over to Perth last weekend as RAAF Base Pearce had an Airshow which featured the C-17 and a rare appearance of a B-52.

WadeH
28-05-2012, 01:27 PM
A mate of mine works at RAAF Base Pearce and when the aircraft were coming in for the airshow (day or two before) they were banned from taking pictures for security reasons.
Two days later the place was crawling with the public filming and snapping to their hearts content.
Go figure???

BTW, my home is only 6km from base and I missed the lot as I was out at camp on my work swing :(