PDA

View Full Version here: : Meade LT8 ACF problems

reillym
26-05-2012, 08:45 PM
My 6month old Meade LT8 ACF, which I have used only 4 or 5 times makes a weird clicking noise when tracking and as I look thru the eyepiece the image makes an obvious jump. The red dot finder has also stopped working (even on new batteries)

I have also had problems following the alignment procedure and as such have not managed to set it up properly but I don't think this should make a difference to my problem.

Any ideas?

mozzie
27-05-2012, 12:17 AM
hi mark,the clicking noise could be several things there maybe not enough grease on the worm block or main gear i placed more on my gears this after noon and its working well tonight..it could also be a clicking from pc boards which have been a problem with other scopes before either a firmware update etc..speak to andrewj he patches a lot of these problems and maybe able to help you..as for your alignment don't know how different it is from the 200 series but 99/100 times it the user doing something my advise read the instructions over and over till you get use to it and plenty of patience out in the yard of a night you will get it.any other questions feel free to ask