PDA

View Full Version here: : TheSkyX Pro and MaxdomeII

Jeffkop
16-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Anyone out there using TheSkyX Pro to control a siruis dome ???
IF so and youve got 5 minutes I'de like to talk to you.

Im having problems setting up the system ... Ascom dome drivers as well.

Wont rabbit on

Thanks

Jeff

DavidNg
23-05-2012, 11:50 AM
I have automated Maxdome II / Sirius, PMX and Skyx Pro and heaps of trouble getting SkyX with Dome Add-on to control the dome...It worked one day, not the next. Many hours of searching to solve the problem, most people put it at the USB/Serial adapter..I got a couple of different adapters..still same problem, I suspect SkyX's problem. I ended up now using ASCOM Scope-Dome hub...its free and aligned reasonable well, never drop-out. Also most appreciate if someone can help out to solve SkyX Dome Add-on issue.
Thanks
David

allan gould
23-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Jeff
What sort of serial to USB adapter are you using and what is the computer's OS. Win7 will not now work with my Belkin serial2USB and I had to substitute a Keyspan one. The Aten serial2USB is the only one that will reliably work ALL the time with Maxdome driver. All my problems dissapeared when I switched to an Aten.

Jeffkop
24-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi Allan
I am using an Aten mate ... Turns out its the new Maxdome ii driver problem ... Cynogen were able to reproduce it and are working on the problem as I type ... they are doing everything they can to help, Im pretty impressed by their efforts.
I feel like a bit of a pioneer, like I discovered something that no one else had Bwah ha ha ha ha .

allan gould
24-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I haven't updated my driver from the original install. If you want a copy of the older one that works fine PM me with your email address - if you think that will help.

Jeffkop
24-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Sorry Dave .. missed seeing this reply.
As I have pointed out to Allen ... my first issue is the latest maxdome ii V2.70 drivers. Cynogen have found the bug and are in the process of fixing it ... they have been REALLY helpful.

So once I can actually set the dome up in ASCOM then I may very well have the same issues as you. I am using the latest ASCOM 6 platform. Nice to know that there is a get around if I need it.

If I have success with TheSky X and its dome control I will pm you with the setup

Jeff

DavidNg
24-05-2012, 02:30 PM
thanks Jeff, Hope your problem will be resolved soon...
DAvid

Jeffkop
01-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Maxdome ii V2.80 released yesterday ... All working now.
I can only get TSX to control my dome using the Ascom X2 dome plug in David.
I foolishly purchased the Dome control add on for TSX only to find that it cant directly control maxdome ... Dont know why they bothered .. If you havent got a paramount then your no show ... And even If you DO its still shaky by the look of it!!!!
Because I can only control the dome thru Ascom I am also forced to also run the telescope thru the Ascom X2 telescope plugin. downside of all this is you lose all the nice controls in TSX but its the only way until they offer control of maxdome ii directly.
Anyway ... I have at least got a system that is operational all be it limited.

frolinmod
03-06-2012, 12:48 PM
I gather that someone needs to write an X2 to Maxdome II plug-in so that ASCOM can be eliminated as an intermediary?

DavidNg
03-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Many thanks Jeff for letting us know the new driver update. I will try it out when Sydney's rain stops.

David