PDA

View Full Version here: : Tickets to Q&A?? Don't mind if I do!

mishku
30-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Was lucky enough to score an invite to Q&A through work. As luck has it, I am employed by the most diverse municipality in our fine nation, rich with workers from the manufacturing sector. As the backdrop for a show on "manufacturing and multiculturalism", it couldn't have been more appropriate.

We took off, rubbing hands with glee at the political minefield which awaited. I'm a nice girl, so shan't talk religion or politics, but it certainly was an interesting mix of folks in the crowd, some interesting questions - and a whole heap o' blatant agenda pushing.

I love a little spectator politicking, so it made for a very entertaining few hours. It was interesting to note the work that goes into ensuring it's a well oiled machine when cameras go live, and a simply mammoth production team. Was slightly saddened that nobody came equipped with projectile footwear though. To summarise: Tony Jones might be thinking woman's crumpet, but he's still no match for our Bwian!! Highly recommend it for an entertaining evening out if it comes to a venue near you :)

jjjnettie
30-04-2012, 11:53 PM
:D Did your hand pop up to ask a question?
Glad you had a great time Mish.

Octane
30-04-2012, 11:55 PM
I'll take that as a comment.

H

ballaratdragons
30-04-2012, 11:57 PM
What's Q&A?

I know it's stands for Question and Answer, but how do you 'go' to it?

mishku
01-05-2012, 12:03 AM
I swoon a llittle at the mere suggestion!

mishku
01-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Ken, it's a show on ABC1

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/

Nettie, we have very particular rules around "not talking to media" and in accepting tickets, we were accepting tickets to the "no talking" bit upstairs :)

ballaratdragons
01-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Ahhhhhhh, thanks Mish :thumbsup:

I never watch ABC.

traveller
01-05-2012, 11:04 AM
was that the episode shown last night? fascianting as usual with a good panel of speakers. the twitter feed was great too.
glad you liked it mish.
Bo

AstralTraveller
01-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Pure SBS I presume.