PDA

View Full Version here: : Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb!

iceman
29-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I don't know how many of you have been fortunate enough to do this, but I did it for the 2nd time yesterday with my (now) teenage son, Jacob!

Part of his birthday present when turning 13, was to do the Bridge Climb with me.

Abbey and Eliza will also get to do it (probably with Kate) when they turn 13 as well.

The first time I did it was only a year or two after it first opened, when Jacob was about 1 year old (I did it with my Dad then). Not much had changed with the climb itself, but they really impressed me with the smooth operation of it all.

The whole thing runs like clockwork, and has to with groups leaving almost every 5-10 minutes during busy times.

It's not cheap, but it's a great experience.

We had the best afternoon/evening. We did the twilight one, starting the whole process at 3:05pm, starting the walk at around 3:55pm and we were on top of the bridge and coming down the West side at sunset - and what a spectacular sunset it was. Pink and orange clouds everywhere. Finished up at about 6:15pm.

Jacob really enjoyed it, and I enjoyed doing it with him. At times I wish I had my camera, but I was happy to simply look around and enjoy the experience with him.

Who else has done it?

Nightshift
29-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi Mike, nice thing to do but for a real hoot of a time try this next time, this is the company I work for, not an adverticement for them but considering how much a bridge climb is this is awesome. http://www.sydneyhelitours.com.au/scenic-tours/

Give it a try, you'll love it, Dennis.

sheeny
29-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Good stuff Mike!

You're doing a great thing for Jacob. Progressive "initiations" are a very important part of building a healthy man.

I haven't done the bridge climb but I'd like to.

Al.

Joshua Bunn
29-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Great Mike, Some good father son time. Also really like the photo.

Josh

mr bruess
30-04-2012, 10:12 AM
I climbed the harbour Bridge a few years ago.
They didn't allow cameras on board.
It was scary because I am afraid of heights but I DID IT!:D:D:D

kustard
30-04-2012, 02:37 PM
I saw your facebook piccies Mike and was throughly impressed :)