PDA

View Full Version here: : New Meade LX600

PeterM
23-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Found this on Cloudy Nights and one thing seems sure, Meade seem way ahead of any competition when it comes to RD. They are always bringing out new and innovative products, sure some fall by the wayside, but geez in todays economic USA you have to give them credit for sticking their neck out. I think they are providing a shot in the arm for amateur astronomy.
http://www.landinmorocco.com/lx600advert.JPG

casstony
23-04-2012, 08:00 AM
New innovations are a good thing, but only if they work without many problems. For decades now Meade has released a combination of great, reliable products and faulty, annoying products. Hopefully they've learned from past mistakes.

bmitchell82
23-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Ill second that motion, its all good to release new products but in realistic terms its not new at all. The only thing they have done is put a wedge , and a guide scope in the package with a more than likely average guiding chip to guide on a average scope that you will never ever get to use as anything else.

They have kind of followed FT's run on the "craford" style focuser. which is inherently fixing old problems of the SCT design.

Ill put my hand up and say well done on doing some clever marketing and gimmiks but in the price range they are talking, there are far better options!

That is just my 2 bob worth

Gem
24-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Ditto

Looks good, sounds good... but "game changer"?? Well, going a bit too far methinks. :lol: