PDA

View Full Version here: : Formula 1 on Channel 10

04Stefan07
22-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Any F1 fans here?

Did you hear the bad news that channel 10 are moving the F1 races from ONE HD to channel 10 thus losing the F1 in HD and live broadcasts?

This is a bloody disgrace! Since the renouncement there have been many complaints by fans on Twitter and Facebook. It is all about the ratings for the station, that is all they care about! They don't care about the viewers.

How can they do this to a worldwide sport that is VERY popular??

Instead they will be showing stupid shows and sports that hardly anyone watches.

What are your thoughts?

astroron
22-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I didn't know this was happening:rolleyes:
I have been channel searching trying to find the practice ect and noticed that the race is not live tonight as it is on at 10.30PM when the race starts at 09.30PM:mad2:
So :mad2::mad2::mad2:
Cheers

omegacrux
22-04-2012, 04:25 PM
That's what one hd was set up for sport !

mithrandir
22-04-2012, 04:46 PM
They are having sport on One tonight. There's Netball at 10:30. Do you count "Crash Course" and "Dangerous Drives" as sport?

Ron, my Sun Herald guide has F1 on at 9:30 on TEN, and that's what they have on the digital guide. Is your time a Qld country thing?

astroron
22-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Just checked the program on Ten, it said 09.45pm, so presumably it is live:shrug:
On One it is a movie "domestic Disturbance" then Net Ball:rolleyes:
Cheers:thumbsup:

04Stefan07
22-04-2012, 06:36 PM
So yeh now that it is on channel Ten it will be in SD, no more HD.

Netball over F1? Are they serious???

clive milne
22-04-2012, 09:29 PM
I always watch it live streaming... the quality isn't that great, but there are no ads and it is live.

Manav
22-04-2012, 10:06 PM
F1 is my main sport and I've been watching it since 1994 and never missed a race. This is a complete disgrace!

And not to mention the Euro 2012 football championship will not have full coverage on SBS either.

If only I could afford pay TV

Manav
23-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Great race good to see Kimi return to F1!

Waxing_Gibbous
23-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Except for Italy and, oddly enough, Canada, I've never lived in a country (including the UK) where F1 was regularly broadcast live and wasn't 'bumped' by some sort of ball/kick game or Z-list celebrity challenge.
In point of fact, the fan-base here is pretty small compared to other sports so I think we're lucky it gets broadcast at all. :(

JB80
23-04-2012, 02:03 AM
I feel for you guys and know what it's like. For the last few years the BBC has showed every race live and had a cracking broadcast, we certainly never got that in Oz when I was watching it. But this year during the break Ecclestone decided his money grubbing little paws could do with some more so they sold the rights to Sky. So now we are left with BBC only showing a handful of races live per year, and when they do show the replay later on it's only an extended highlights package.

It's a real shame as the BBC channels are the only English stations we get apart from the discovery type channels. Thankfully the French and Belgian channels do show the races live and in HD though but it's not the same.

The_bluester
23-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Actually the problem is the opposite of that, by what I read they are trying to push up Ten's ratings and are hoping that the F1 fans will help do that.

Ron, even worse than that, from other posts I have seen around the traps the telecast was half hour delayed so you had to keep off the internet just in case you found out the results of the "Live" broadcast you were in the middle of watching.

To edit that, the forum I saw that on is fairly nationwide so it may have been states in other time zones that that information came from.

Sharnbrook
25-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Come on!! You can't have your cake and eat it.

If Channel 10 complain that it is all about ratings, then they want the largest number of people to watch their programs, so their advertisers get the biggest bang for their buck. Obviously!!

So, if as you say, "they will be showing stupid shows and sports that hardly anyone watches.", then their ratings will be down, (because hardly anyone watches them) and the advertisers will be up in arms. What business in their right minds would do that?

One thing I would agree on, they really DO care about ratings. Without good ratings, free to air commercial channels would not exist. Stands to reason........

Ausrock
25-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Yes.

Yep.......and so what?

ROFLMAO :rofl:

Easily! Mate, I've been following and watching F1 longer than I can remember and while it is popular, FFS it isn't "VERY popular" :rolleyes:

You really don't want to know ;)