PDA

View Full Version here: : I'm back.

Stardrifter_WA
20-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Hi everyone :hi:,

Haven't been on IIS lately as I haven't been well, really struggling with the big D lately. All's still not well, but I am barely managing to hold my own at the moment. But, a PM prompted me to come say hi. I seem to have missed a bit over the past couple of weeks.

Cheers Peter

blink138
20-04-2012, 03:11 PM
sounds like you need to open that new box that says "canon" on the front peter!
getting out under the stars should help too, weather permitting of course!
pat

brian nordstrom
20-04-2012, 03:17 PM
:hi: Hi ya mate , keep looking up ! :thumbsup:.
your mate up north ,
Brian.

FlashDrive
20-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Yo Peter ... Hey .. missed your sense of humour mate :lol:
What gives ... Hope all is good now...!!

Flash :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

PCH
20-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi Peter,

welcome back matey. Gotta keep that big D d-d-d-down :thumbsup:

Stardrifter_WA
20-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Been battling depression (mostly related to severe pain, which just sucks!). I have picked up a bit now though.

Thankfully, I haven't lost my sense of humour, just wasn't interested in doing anything. If I ever lose my sense of humour I will know I will know I am really in trouble :D.

Stardrifter_WA
20-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Hey Pat,

I opened the box a couple of weeks ago. I am not used to a Digital SLR and as it was quite complicated I didn't feel like learning how to use it right now. Besides, got a year to learn how to use it, before I go to the US.

The pain levels have been through the roof and has been quite depressing. As you know I refuse to take "narcotic" level pain killers, as I don't want to end up a drug addict, so I just put up with it. I think the depression is easier to deal with than being a drug addict.

I went to my sisters funeral on Wednesday and, funnily enough, I came away feeling better. I imagined her laying in the coffin saying "well this sure sucks"!!! She had had a good life and it reminded me how fragile life can be. I must be a strange guy; nothin' like a funeral to cheer me up! :P Besides, my brother kept crackin' jokes anyway. We often deal with stress by using humour.

Cheers Peter