PDA

View Full Version here: : the pain of it all - missing SPSP

h0ughy
20-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Well my decision not to go to SPSP has come back to bight me.:rolleyes: I had a lot of urgent work needed for some contracts and a report to complete, but the real reason is my daughter has been away in Canberra at a ranger guide camp, and she is due home tomorrow. If I went away I would loose any hope of going away later this year….. but to really rub it in I got a call from one of the guys up there - it was clear, calm and pristine skies, all be it a tad on the heavy dew side. They were polar aligned and ready for toinights onslaught.....

I was happy earlier this week when it was raining:help: – I didn’t feel too bad about not being up there:screwy:. But now – I am guilt riddled:confused2: and just a tad jealous :sadeyes:

iceman
20-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Same :(
2 years in a row now :(

xstream
20-04-2012, 12:18 PM
I hear what you're saying brothers, I hear you! :sadeyes:

RB
20-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Ditto.
I really wanted to go too, it's been ages.
:(

mozzie
20-04-2012, 04:10 PM
yep my second year not there but am defiantly going next year !!!!
don't think i'll be at astrofest either putting our pool in first week of august,or i maybe able to squeeze a couple of nights :D:D all depends on the financial adviser (WIFE).....

gary
22-04-2012, 02:27 AM
Fabulous Saturday night at the SPSP with wonderful dark clear skies.

The views of Saturn were to die for.

Sorry you guys missed it.

Barrykgerdes
22-04-2012, 04:48 AM
Yes a most tiring weekend.
Activities not to be missed to fill in the daylight hours:thumbsup:
and clear skies all night:thumbsup:
no sleep for 3 days?:shrug:

Barry:thumbsup:

h0ughy
22-04-2012, 09:33 AM
now that is rubbing it in. have had the past few nights filled with fog and clouds only to find that it eventually cleared for a brief moment. i knew full well it would be good up there...:sadeyes:

and i missed out on the window shopping at the sales.......bugger were there any good specials:question:

wavelandscott
23-04-2012, 05:07 AM
How I wish I was able to attend...even a bad night is better than most nights here...

telecasterguru
23-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Unfortunately, I was called away and couldn't get there and I had already paid.

Ah well, there's always next year.

Frank