PDA

View Full Version here: : psychs on bikes supporting rural mental health

traveller
16-04-2012, 10:55 AM
I just came across this article today (http://wentworth-courier.whereilive.com.au/news/story/harry-gears-up-for-psychs-on-bikes/%20%e2%80%98/), a worthy cause.
Love their credo "adventure before dementia" :lol:
And he rides a Duke :)
Bo

stephenb
16-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Great cause indeed. Mental health is such a huge issue, yet little understood. Many of us have suffered from it in some form over the years. It is so positive that is is finally getting public exposure.

Good on Harry! And I've never heard of the term "Eastern Suburbs Cafe Latte Rider" but it sounds like he's taking the badge in good humour and using it to raise a very worthy issue.

Cheers,
Stephen

AstralTraveller
16-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Totally agree that mental health problems need to be more openly discussed and more needs to be done to help sufferers. If I had a recurrent back problem I could say how I woke up this morning and it was playing up so I won't be lifting anything today without it being a source of shame and without people turning away and not wanting to hear. Try telling someone you were happy last night but woke up wanting to jump and no one will want to know.

At first glance, riding a bike across the country to raise money and awareness seems like a pretty nice gig. But then I read: 'Worse still, there’s a growing body of evidence associating male impotence and bladder dysfunction with motorbike riding.' That took some of the gloss of the idea. :( Good on all involved!!

AdrianF
17-04-2012, 06:32 PM
A good cause.
Adventure before Dementia is my sig on a 4x4 forum I am a member of.

Adrian