PDA

View Full Version here: : Cannot view attached images

Sharnbrook
12-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Is there a problem with my computer settings, or is anyone else having a problem opening image attachments? When I click on the attachment, a blank black screen appears, with the thumbnails on the lhs, but no large image.

I've only had a problem in the past few days, and only with IIS. Other websites don't give me the problem. :shrug:

MikeyB
12-04-2012, 01:57 PM
This query has come up before. If I remember rightly, it's an Internet Explorer quirk: your image magnification is stuck on >200%, so you're only seeing a portion of the border of the greatly enlarged image.

Check the % magnification setting shown at the right-hand side of the status bar at the bottom of your screen and click on the dropdown arrow to choose 100% or less, to shrink the image to fit your screen size. Hopefully, problem solved!

asimov
12-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Happens in Chrome too, so it's not a browser quirk is it? All I do is allow it to load, & then I have to click once more on the thumb & then it appears, Mike.

Sharnbrook
12-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Hi Michael and Mike,
Thanks,
Mike

It seems as if this post is controlled by Mikes.

Anyway, I did as Mike suggested, but couldn't find the mag % setting, and then followed Michael's suggestion. By the time I had clicked on the screen 3 or 4 times, the image appeared, and everything is now OK. Don't ask me how or why, but it's fixed, and that's all that matters. Thanks for getting me there.