PDA

View Full Version here: : Gemini-II New Firmware Released

icytailmark
11-04-2012, 01:56 PM
yesterday losmandy released the latest firmware.

The uploader program can be downloaded from:

http://www.gemini-2.com/GeminFileuploader.php

The new firmware files are here:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gemini-II/files/Firmware_Updates/Combined_Firmware_file/

I havent had a chance to test the new firmware yet. However ive heard that they are close to a final release.

h0ughy
11-04-2012, 02:13 PM
thanks mark - since i bought my titan mount i have been using my existing g1L5 system and shelved the V2 until it was stable. I will have to upgrade the controller now

mithrandir
11-04-2012, 04:55 PM
David, I think you mean G1L4. L5 is for the G2.

If your G2 has an early firmware version the upgrader might not work. You may have to pull the SD card from the G2 and plug it into an SD writer in your computer. This should only have to be done once.

mill
11-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Pec is working and there is also a night mode in the web interface.
Also pec is working with Pempro.
Loads of stuff has been added and modified.
Just be sure to set your G2 to do a cold start before updating the firmware or the hand controller file will just be uploaded to the hand controller as a normal file and not flashed.
Also be sure than after you upload the firmware and before switching the controller on again, to unplug the hand controller.
After switching on the unit you have to wait about 10-20 Seconds and then plug the hand controller into the main unit, you should see that there will be a progress bar in the bottom of the hand controller showing that the update is progressing.
When using the Gemini updater program, it will tell you all the steps.
I always use the ftp method (but that is just me).

scagman
11-04-2012, 07:53 PM
I was reading on the Yahoo Group that you may be able to put the SD card into your phone and connect to your pc if you dont have a micro sd card reader handy.

Cheers