PDA

View Full Version here: : Astronomy Cast? Wherefore art thou...

CapturingTheNight
08-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm curious if anyone knows what has happened to the Astronomy Cast podcast. The last ep I have is from over a month ago (Ep 255) and the last Weekly Space Hangout was from exactly a month ago on the 8th of March. I looked at the Astronomy Cast Website thinking that it was an issue with iTunes not refreshing but according to the website Ep 255 is the last one. As for the Weekly Space Hangouts, have these been moved from the Astronomy Cast podcast to somewhere else? :question: I follow both Pamela and Fraser on Google+ but unless I have missed something, I have not seen anything to explain why the sudden stop. :shrug:

I miss these great podcasts.

Greg

trent_julie
08-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I have been listening to Astronomy Cast for a couple of years and episodes can be sporadic at best. I think a lot has to do with Prof Gay's schedule. The longest I can remember off of the top of my head between episodes is 6 weeks, then 3 will appear out of nowhere! So at this stage I don't think things have come to an end yet.

Trent

mithrandir
08-04-2012, 02:27 PM
It's usually Pamela's schedule that controls when episodes are recorded. Her teaching duties and travel to conferences can mean no episodes for a few weeks. If Fraser is away they normally get someone else to fill in, like Phil Plait.

They've been known to record multiple episodes on the one day to catch up.

I just noticed that according the RELEASETIME tag the date Ep 246 was released is 02/Dec/2012. Mp3Tag to the rescue.

jjjnettie
08-04-2012, 03:47 PM
:) funny you should mention this. I've only just caught up with my podcasts today.
Fraser is a forum member, maybe he might catch this thread and be able to fill us in.

dalemadison
10-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Also, what ever happened to Astronomy-a-go-go?

h0ughy
10-04-2012, 12:41 PM
i was wondering the same thing - listen to it while walking to work and going back home. be good to see what is happening. on another note i have been getting my fix with starstuff

trent_julie
02-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Just a heads up, there is a new podcast to download

Trent