PDA

View Full Version here: : New Website for BOSS Supernova Search Team

Greg Bock
02-04-2012, 02:45 PM
To all our IIS friends,
the BOSS team would like to announce that we have a new website that Stuart Parker has just developed which is devoted to keeping all of our supernova discovery data in one place.
In particular, we will be keeping a list of our discoveries and data associated with them here for anyone who may be interested.
This is a work in progress and will develop over time to be our ‘One-Stop-Shop’ for our discovery efforts, including follow up reports and results from the professional astronomical community.”

The website can be found here. http://www.bosssupernova.com/

If you have any comments or feedback, please let us know.

Omaroo
02-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Good stuff Greg. Thanks for the link - some great introductory info there.

Interestingly... all but one of you wear glasses... what does that say? :lol:

:thumbsup:

Greg Bock
02-04-2012, 02:56 PM
HI Chris
that pic was taken at the first Astro-imaging conference last year in June..Pete also wears glasses too now...what does it say?..hmmm...something about how long we've been squinting through telescopes no doubt. (a very long time now for all of us.)

PeterM
02-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Good pickup Chris, geez I hadn't even noticed that, glad you don't do supernova hunting! Yup I have now joined the glasses brigade thanks to ageing and yikes now an early sign of a cataract, so for all you youngsters (I think that's under 40s) reading this I should have worn sunnies more often through my youth.
Skies are clear above us and have been for several nights, a return to Qld Astrofest slogan "Starry One Night Supernova The Next" well we hope so.
Peter

jjjnettie
02-04-2012, 03:07 PM
:) Thanks for the link Greg.

astroron
02-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Good site , but unable to sign guest book, too complicated with the funny letters at the bottom, so gave up :mad2:

Park123
02-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi Ron
Thanks for your comments,
Sorry the gest book is hard to use I will see if I can fix that and let you know

Thanks

Stu

Park123
02-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Ron
I am sorry that I cannot take out the letters the only thing that may help is to listen to the audio option and see how it goes.But I agree it is a stupid thing to have there.I will ask the providers and see what they say:(

Thanks

Stu

mithrandir
02-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Stu, CAPTCHAs seem to be everywhere, but the one you have is harder to read than most, and I could not make head nor tail out of the audio.

astroron
02-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Managed to make a comment:)
Cheers:thumbsup:

Greg Bock
02-04-2012, 10:43 PM
thanks for persevering with your comments on the new website Ron

astroron
02-04-2012, 10:51 PM
I joined :D
Cheers:thumbsup:

iceman
03-04-2012, 04:30 AM
Well done guys, great to have everything in one spot.

A bit of feedback - you should ensure the site looks good at 1024x768 resolution.

I'm on a 1366x768 laptop and I still have to scroll to the right on the homepage to see the whole table. That table is arguably the most important part of your website, and I can't see it all easily.

There's a lot of blank space so you might try and make the table columns a bit smaller to fit (width wise) on one page.

Greg Bock
03-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Thx Mike,
Stu will add it to the list of mods.

allan gould
03-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Greg et al.,
Congratulations on the BOSS site - its very well done. One small comment for discovery #3. In the table its attributed to Marples but in the linked photo its attributed to Parker - if you want to fight over it you can put my name instead :D
Allan

PeterM
03-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks Allan,
Looks like Stu erroneously put his image of his discovery in NGC134 against my discovery. Will fix that up.
PeterM.

Park123
04-04-2012, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this Alan.I have fixed this up along with a couple of other things:)

Stu

Park123
04-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Thanks Mike I have trimmed the table a bit does it look better now.I am working with a web.com who dont give much options in the design so I hope it will be ok

Stu

Suzy
14-04-2012, 02:27 AM
Great website and group photo.
I did lots of reading in there and I was particularly interested in the article on how to observe supernovae. I've often wondered what exactly is involved, so you web page has nicely answered all my questions- thank you. Wow, you guys do so much work!

I've signed your guest book and joined up too! :D
You guys need a female member on the team. :P (if you don't already have one/some).

Greg Bock
15-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the feedback Suzy...it's a work in progress, a few things to fix, but I'm sure that Stu will get to them when he has time.
I was hoping to have had a third discovery to add to it by now, but sadly, the weather here has turned to rubbish again it seems.....