PDA

View Full Version here: : lachlan,s ipod

mozzie
01-04-2012, 08:17 AM
elise bought over lachlan's ipod yesterday in a cup of rice :shrug: not cooked and i stood there dumb founded!!!!! as she was shacking here head $200 down the drain it went through the washing machine and fell out of the pocket while hanging it out.....iv'e been on the net and put it rice they say..shacking my head day's pay gone.left it over night plugged it into main computer to see if it comes to life......................a few minutes later an apple sign then restore in i tunes and some other foreign words it was slow probably still not happy going through the wash :lol:and hey it came to life synced all info and woohoo all done..it's in his dock playing music just to keep power through it and probably dry more of the insides....

how lucky was that!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhh another use for rice...and it was the normal white stuff not that other fancy rice:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Astroman
01-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Ahhh yes Rice, perfect for those freshly cleaned electrical items, although it didn't save my mates 5D after he dropped it in the ocean :D

A good story with a happy ending...

mozzie
01-04-2012, 08:51 AM
the salt water really kills the insides of all electrical items...
shame about the camera...

RB
01-04-2012, 09:31 AM
The rice trick saved my mobile phone after it went through the wash. :thumbsup:
But smarty pants me decided to leave the mobile out on the table in the sun to fully dry and my dogs thought it was a toy and chewed it to death.

:rundog: :mad2: