PDA

View Full Version here: : It was cloudy, I was bored, what to do? Designed a logo!!

cybereye
28-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Hello everyone!

Well, it seems I can't take a trick when it comes to clear skies. The last really decent night in Brisbane, last Saturday night, coincided with my son's high school fete. Everybody smiling and laughing and all I could do was look up at the sky and dream...

But I digress!!

During this long, bleak, cloudy Summer I have experimented with various software packages until I knew them backwards. I have tinkered with my equipment (does that sound right?!) trying to get the most out of it. I have bought new equipment just waiting for the clouds to part. But then I reached a point where I wondered what else I could do. And then it struck me; Basalt Ridge Observatory (3 markers in my backyard) really needed a logo!! (And now you're probably giving me the same look my wife gave me when I announced what I was planning!!!)

So after much thinking and designing, I now unveil the official (until I get bored again) logo for Basalt Ridge Observatory.... da-dah!!

Cheers,
Mario

PS I just needed to keep the mind ticking over...

supernova1965
28-03-2012, 07:05 AM
I like it are you thinking of adding any colour. Anyway great job really like it:thumbsup:

Baddad
28-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I like it too Mario.:thumbsup:

However I thought you knew better than: :eyepop:

" I have bought new equipment just waiting for the clouds to part."

That is just the thing to keep the clouds around. :D

Hey the sun is shining now. Don't go spoiling it again. :D

Cheers (Where is Basalt Ridge?):)

cybereye
28-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Warren, Marty,

Thanks for your thoughts on the logo.

Marty, "Basalt Ridge" is actually Robertson, where I live. The ground is rich volcanic soil - there used to be lots of orchards up until the late 70's - and we live on the ridge which overlooks the Brisbane River valley/floodplain/catchment (not sure the best way to describe it!). Hence the term "Basalt Ridge"!

Cheers,
Mario

Baddad
28-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Floodplain.

The valley is further upstream. Once the river meanders on the plains its not called a valley anymore. Although it is called an "Old River Valley". Not because of its age but the characteristics that give it the older appearance. It no longer maintains the conventional valley shape.

The catchment is the area that collects and contributes water to the main river. All the tributaries and associated valleys and plains.

BTW The sky became clouded over after my last post and now its sunny again. Maybe in luck tonight.

Cheers