PDA

View Full Version here: : NASA 5 rockets in 5 minutes live feed

stardust steve
23-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi, weather permitting, NASA is panning to launch 5 rockets to test winds and electrical currents at high altitude. Here is a copy and paste from Space.com.

NASA is once again hoping to launch five rockets in just over five minutes — a space barrage that promises to put on a spectacular midnight light show of luminescent vapor trails above the U.S. East Coast — but only if Mother Nature cooperates.

After a series of delays due to bad weather and a technical glitch, NASA is now aiming to launch the five-rocket barrage Friday (March 23) after weather concerns thwarted earlier attempts this week.
Live stream link-here (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-wallops)

stardust steve
23-03-2012, 01:19 PM
estimated launch time approx 2.5 hrs- 5 hrs time from now weather permitting

stardust steve
23-03-2012, 06:02 PM
launch was post poned due to weather and uncooperating boats-they needed to be clear of the imapct area where the rockets fall back into the Atlantic Ocean. NASA going to try again in 24hrs.:rolleyes:

Forgey
24-03-2012, 04:38 PM
From the nasa website:
Due to weather, the next ATREX mission launch window will be no earlier than March 26.

stardust steve
24-03-2012, 08:39 PM
ah thanks, they really like to get everyone excited then postpone :lol: I was watching Friday and they had a Q @ A where you could ask questions, was really interesting. Wow those rockets really get moving, and the Orion rocket i think it is burns its fuel in something like 11 seconds:question::eyepop: I will be watching on the 26TH:D