PDA

View Full Version here: : Shuttle through the clouds..

ben.
22-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Almost surely a Photoshop jobby but a cool picture none the less. Thought I would share (and apologies in advance if a repeat posting).

JohnH
23-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Yeugh. Very poor, not even an attempt at realistic effects, clouds not lit by the boosters, the shuttle shot is not even one of it in flight looks like an on the pad shot, lighting/shadows are wrong, backgrond is worg, angle is wrong etc etc. The real thing was so spectuacular why would you bother to do this?

jenchris
23-03-2012, 09:11 AM
not to mention the exclusion zone.
The cloud formation would be disrupted incredibly from this - the layover angle would also put the shuttle under the booster - this is definitely a pad shot bad superimposed on some cloud.

Intergage
23-03-2012, 09:37 AM
That's pretty cool none the less, thanks for the post. :)
Someone got a higher res pictures for a wallpaper?

ben.
24-03-2012, 12:40 AM
C'mon, although obviously not real, is it not acceptable to hyperextend reality for a mere few moments? Not quite Narnia but still a nice view, is it not? Lucky I didn't post this in the Scientific forum.. Imagine the uproar!

JohnH
24-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Yes - but for me this image is not hyper anything it is just a crude montage and your original post had suggested you thought it it might be real. The reality is far more impressive IMHO, just go and have a look at some APODs or NASA galleries but if you like it great.

Liz
24-03-2012, 10:41 AM
I like it Ben. :)

DavidTrap
24-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Let's just say that if it were real, their timing on the shutter would have put Chris to shame vs his efforts on the plane in front of the moon.

DT