PDA

View Full Version here: : LX200 GPS Drive Training keeps moving

redbeard
17-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Hi fellow IIS'ers,

When training the drive on my LX200GPS, the scope continues to move to the left when training the ALT. AZ is fine and does not move so I can centre an object but then when I go to ALT mode it does not stay still. I would assume that when training the drives, the scope should not be tracking or moving unless I press the hand control or obviously when the scope slews away from the centered object. Does anyone have a clue as to why the scope moves when it should not be?

Thanks,

Damien.

BlackWidow
17-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Have you turned off the polar mode after taking it off the wedge. Sounds like the scope is not set to alt as mode. Also make sure you have not selected Luna tracking mode in the menu also.

Had a jam today. Do you remember rosin that worked with Dave? Well her hubby and other work friends can play. Bit of a supprise, but lots of fun.

Hope I have been a bit of help grey beard....

Mardy

redbeard
18-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks Martin. I'll check for that. I hear a distant memory of that one but forgot in my young age. I have done more research and found out that the LX200GPS does its tracking on a star in polar mode but terrestial in alt/az although with the setting change.

Cheers.