PDA

View Full Version here: : Been busy

jjjnettie
13-03-2012, 08:38 PM
I spent some useful time in the back yard today. :thumbsup: A pad for my new Dobbie. :D
I took it very easy, doing it in 15 minute increments. This picture was taken just before my son Tom helped me with the final levelling.
I'd hoped to be able to post a picture of it in use tonight, but the cloud has moved in. :) Just as well I guess, I'm knackered LOL.

mozzie
13-03-2012, 08:42 PM
nice spot for the 10" to live....have you been using it jjj??????

iv'e just come in young lachlan had his 100mm dobbie out looking at things !!!

he is getting use to it know he was manually tracking satellites tonight...so proud of him..

ballaratdragons
13-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Woo-hoooo! Good job JJ.

It always feels good when you do a DIY project :)

Pack sand around it and in the gaps :thumbsup:

jjjnettie
13-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Sure will Ken. I'll give it a trial run first and see if it settles any more.
The green ant nest I disturbed isn't too impressed with it though. :)

Lachlan takes after his Dad. He's a good lad.

acropolite
14-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Nice work JJJ, there's no keeping you down....:D

Exfso
14-03-2012, 10:40 AM
You should get some builders sand, the type they use under pavers. It will provide an excellent base for those large tiles.:)

Baddad
14-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey jjj,

Good move. I want to offer you some help. I have a stack of pavers left over. White 40cm sq and about 40mm thick. If you want any more?

I also have a very quick and effective solution to the Green Head Ants.
I don't like them biting me my dogs or Grand Kids. There is no spraying. I erradicated the gremlin ants from our property years ago. we had about 50 nests. I introduced the method to my neighbour. He was impressed.

The method is fully effective after 4-5 hours. Each nest takes justs seconds. Applied in the morning. By the following afternoon all gone.

I treated my yard years ago. Have only had 5 new nests appear in 7 years. And like I alleged, it takes longer to walk to my shed than it does to treat one nest.

Its inaccessable to dogs, cats, kids and it is non-toxic anyway.

I can walk bare-footed on our lawn with full confidence.

Don't hesitate to ask me for help.

Cheers

jjjnettie
14-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the offer Marty, but 4 was all I needed. I'm in a rental, and I really can't do too much to the place without peeving off the owners. (though their lack of maintenance peeves me off :( )
I eliminated all my green ant nests from my front yard using my own version of napalm. My grass is so long atm that I can't find the nests in the back yard yet. LOL