PDA

View Full Version here: : Army Helicopters over Liverpool this afternoon

mr bruess
12-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Army Helicopters over Liverpool today afternoon Pictures

I was just sitting in the garage in the afternoon just reading a book when I heard the unmistakabe sound of helicopters getting louder.
I quickly whipped out my digital camera which was in my pocket at the time and managed to capture 3 photos.
Geez,they fly very fast overhead and the camera did take some time to start and load up.I could've taken more pictures but the helicopters were so fast!
Here are some pictures I luckily managed to capture.

(Later on when I was posting in Ice in Space)

They came back again so i rushed :rundog::rundog:to get my camera out again
They must have turned around because they came back!
So i was able to take more pictures!
There were 3 Helicopters flying in close formation.

Kal
12-03-2012, 07:04 PM
I see them fly over my place a fair bit too. Sometimes at night there will be a helicopter with absolutely no lights with a normally lit copter trailing it. Must be doing some lights out flying in the dark training.

JohnG
12-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Going by the colour (Grey) they look like Sikorsky S-70B-2's of 816 Squadron, Royal Australian Navy.

Cheers

Hans Tucker
12-03-2012, 08:22 PM
One of the shots makes me think they might be the new MRH-90.

Shark Bait
12-03-2012, 09:31 PM
I think most of them are Blackhawks. Their profiles seems to match this image, minus the 4x4.

koputai
12-03-2012, 10:01 PM
We had 5 Blackhawks doing exercises LOW over Frenchs Forest / Oxford Falls late last week. I don't mean low, I mean LOW!!!

I was at work and I thought the roof was falling in a few times. Went out for a look a couple of times when I heard them approaching, and dead set they were only about 20m above the roof. They hung around for 45min to an hour, very noisy.

Cheers,
Jason.

JohnG
12-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Thought that too, Hans, tail rotor is on the wrong side though :).

The S-70B is a navalised version of the Blackhawk.

Cheers

Hans Tucker
12-03-2012, 10:54 PM
There you go...you learn something new every day. I have seen the Seahawk & Blackhawks numerous times and a MRH-90 once at the Avalon airshow and I never picked the tail rotor are on opposite sides...in my defence I am Airforce.:D