PDA

View Full Version here: : Orbs!

iceman
12-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Had a weird random email from someone who took some photos of 'orbs'.

I told her it was just dust or a water droplet on the lens, and she proceeded to tell me about all the research going on in this field and sent me a link to some scientist (apparently used to work for NASA) :rolleyes: with his research on Orbs.

http://www.acviews.com/kh/Orbs.htm

Anyone who has done any sort of photography can identify them straight away.

The research is 'incredible'. Some of them have 'faces' LOL!

I hate it when people make money out of poor souls who believe this crap.

multiweb
12-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Unbelievable. :lol: We should send them Suiter's book. They could learn something.

stephenb
12-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Oh my goodness.... :lol: Prime candidates for the 'B' Ark.

BPO
12-03-2012, 07:56 AM
People believe what they want to believe. The facts are unwelcome.

Keltik
12-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Took me a minute with an iPhone...looks like I'm surrounded by the little buggers. Memo: spring-cleaning time.

strongmanmike
12-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Amazing how easily a web site can be made to look convincing huh? The face on Mars, Moon landing hoax, 9/11 and climate change conspiracy sites spring to mind as others in the same genre :rolleyes:.

Mike

jjjnettie
12-03-2012, 10:35 AM
sigh........
You caught me on an even numbered day, so I'll just feel sad that people can be fleeced so easily.
If it was an odd numbered day I'd be firing up about it.

Screwdriverone
12-03-2012, 10:38 AM
I find it strange that only when there is a flash used that there is a picture of an "orb"......funny that.....

My wife "sees" things every now and then out of the corner of her eye and is quite spiritual, I find it amusing when she snaps away and "captures" an orb and then proceeds to tell me its proof of something......I just nod and say, "yes dear"

I sometimes flick past Fox 8 where there is a "Ghost hunter" show running, its funny bit a little bit sad to watch all the "scientific" equipment like FLIR cameras etc used to capture nothing and then turn it into some sort of conspiracy or "the truth is out there" rubbish when there are NO results to be had on ANY show that I have seen, yet the "hunters" waffle on in the credits talking about how much of a good "result" they got in their investigations and how they "explained" the situation to the client.......its quite sickening to watch.

Each to their own I suppose....

Cheers

Chris

Screwdriverone
12-03-2012, 10:40 AM
:eyepop:

AHHHHHHH!!!!!! RUN TREVOR, RUN!!!!!!

They are ALL around you!

I dont know how you can stand the TERROR!

;)

Cheers

Chris

Satchmo
12-03-2012, 10:41 AM
They are definitely a purely optical phenomena, of a defocussed point source coming from somewhere ...perhaps droplets of water or internal reflections. I can see poorly defined fresnel rings and lumpiness due surface roughness in the wavefront due to machine polished mass produced optics. I'll bet that they rarely appear in quality optical systems.

BPO
12-03-2012, 11:06 AM
When the options are 1) "Dust on the camera's sensor" or 2) "It's Princess Diana telling you that you're actually descended from royalty", with which do you think the punters will go?

:D

lacad01
12-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Really people, you should all be ashamed of yourselves for the quick and ruthless manner in which this phenomena has been relegated to the trash heap of kooks, let's be a bit more open-minded
just kidding :lol: ;)

bloodhound31
12-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I, for one, humbly welcome our new spherical overlords....

GeoffW1
12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I can see your intelligent ET orb there between your fingers :rofl:

kustard
12-03-2012, 05:57 PM
LOL, imagine what they'd say if they accidentally had some lens flare!

Quick, open up photoshop and use the lens flare tool on your piccies, we could make a mint! ;)

sheeny
12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Nice Airey discs!

I've seen lots of 'em underground... got many caving photos with the little buggers in them.:)

I thought it might have been the other type...

My mum told one of her friends that I take images of the sun, and she got real excited! So does she! She wanted to know if I'd seen the new planet - the one that no one seems to know about... you can't see it with the naked eye (:eyepop::screwy:) but she photographs it all the time!

She deliberately takes lots of photos of the sun directly and without any filters to try to capture this illusive planet! She thinks she's going to prove Vulcan is real, but I think she's just discovered the planet "Lensflare". She won't accept that's what she's got though!

;):rolleyes:

Al.

stephenb
12-03-2012, 06:53 PM
:lol::lol:

Kal
12-03-2012, 07:06 PM
I saw some orbs once when I was collimating my CAT :lol:

ballaratdragons
12-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Do they eat your face off?

If not, they aren't the Annunakians from Nibiru :rofl:

What a load of Tripe :lol:

stephenb
12-03-2012, 07:42 PM
I saw a few on Saturday night, however I blame Chivas Regal.

GrahamL
12-03-2012, 08:32 PM
:lol::lol:

Me to it means I'm not really as crap at photography as I thought I was:thumbsup:

Do not click on this link you ,you shamefull unbelievers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLza_rYuiP4
lest our new masters launch forth and consume your
Essence as an Emanation of the Eminence.

Ric
13-03-2012, 12:27 AM
:lol: :lol: Very interesting, but ........ :screwy:

mishku
13-03-2012, 12:53 AM
My delightful ex partner would often point them out in photos as "the spirits of his long lost relos", but then, he also believed that he could sometimes see them naked eye. Suffice to say, he didn't believe in the little "floaters" that you sometimes perceive floating about in your vitreous humor, either. :shrug:

Waxing_Gibbous
13-03-2012, 01:13 AM
I think they ate the kid...

lacad01
13-03-2012, 10:41 AM
:lol: it's when they start talking back to you is when to worry