PDA

View Full Version here: : Wild Weather in Vic

barx1963
02-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Arrived in my street today to find my way blocked. Grabbed some photos as we have been concerned by the state of these trees in our street for some time and now have some ammo to take to the council.

It apparently had fallen only a minute before I got there so one minute earlier might have been a bit unpleasant!:rolleyes:

Malcolm

DavidU
02-03-2012, 06:44 PM
That could have been dangerous Mal.
It has been blowing a gale all day here and had all the power out at lunch time. There seems to be wide spread tree damage around Melbourne.

BPO
02-03-2012, 06:58 PM
So much for summer. This is the third day of snow we've had up here on the mountain. Heavy snow in January, February and now March! What the...? Definitely the worst summer I've ever experienced here. :confused:

pgc hunter
02-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Blowing a gale last 2 days here, from the east. Rarely ever see that. Usually we get northerlies or sour-weterlies that get to this sort of strength.

Someone's car in my street had a big branch fall on it during the last windy day a couple of weeks back.

Melbourne's weather has been an absolute POS last 5 days aswell. Welcome to winter :mad2:

ballaratdragons
03-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Sure has been wild Malcolm!

You are right about being lucky that it didn't land on your car.
This poor lady wasn't so lucky: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8429025/woman-critically-injured-after-tree-falls-on-car