PDA

View Full Version here: : PHD Calibration problem

grantboxer
01-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi All,

I have had to re-install all my software on my laptop after a disc crash and now my auto-guiding using PHD does not work. I have an HEQ5 mount being run via StarTools and EQMOD. Previously I just ran using the synscan handset and PHD guiding without any problems. Is there a conflict between PHD and EQMOD perhaps? I now get an error message saying the star did not move enough during the calibration operation. The Orion Starshoot autoguider appears to be working OK, but PHD guiding does not appear to be sending move commeands to the mount.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Grant

Nico13
01-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Check in the brain window to make sure guiding is not dissabled and also your calibration step size is big enough.
I had the same error and had to increase the step size way past the default setting of 750, I think I'm set above 2000 now to get a fast calibration in about 20 steps to each point.

Hope this helps.

Ken.

grantboxer
01-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Hi Ken,

thanks for that. The default setting is 750ms so I will double it to see what happens. Should I check that the mount can be manually moved first?

Cheers Grant

grantboxer
05-03-2012, 02:21 PM
I have adjusted the step size to 1000 ms and that fixed the unable to calibrate problem.
Many thanks Grant

Nico13
08-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Hey Grant,
Sorry I didn't keep an eye on this and get back to you but glad to hear it's worked out ok.:thumbsup:

Ken.