PDA

View Full Version here: : Camera Tripods

Barrykgerdes
22-02-2012, 01:10 PM
I was looking for a cheap tripod to sit my movie camera etc on and checked out the internet. The prices of a reasonable tripod seem to start at around $200. However I found one on JBHIFI's web site that looked better than most od them and the price was $59 a SLIK F740.

I went to the store and the only one on show was a tinny looking monopod by SLIK for $59 so I asked. The sales person only knew of the ones on show so I told him of the web site and he then located the tripod I was looking for.

It is a very neat and quite solid job and the price is $59. I think they may have made a mistake looking at the other stuff on offer at dearer prices. In any case I have grabbed one before they up the price.

Made in China of course

Barry

leon
22-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Barry, have had a number of tripods over the years and also A SLIK, never had an issue at all, nice bargain mate.

Leon

mithrandir
22-02-2012, 02:28 PM
I have a Canon monopod, a tabletop size SLIK and a GorrillaPod all for grab-n-go but my Manfrotto beats them hands down for anything complex. For the price differential it needs to.

Barrykgerdes
22-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi Andrew
They had a nice looking Manfrotto on show for $98 I nearly bought it until I checked the SLIK. I thought the SLIK was better regardless of price and got it instead.

I have bought tripods before but I don't seem to be able to find out what I did with them but if you want to take photos they are great to have on hand.

I really only made this post in case someone was looking for a cheap but very functional tripod.

Barry