PDA

View Full Version here: : Stand back Take Stock Life's to Short

TrevorW
16-02-2012, 02:46 PM
I was off work for a couple of days and I can only say I have one really close work mate.

He texted me on Tuesday wishing me well for a job interview I was going for in another Govt dept.

Well come back to work today to find out he had a massive heart attack on Tuesday night while doing footy training with his son, fortunately someone was handy to apply CPR etc

Shock horror he's only 52 and it looks like he may need bypass surgery

He's divorced and thinks and acts like he is 25 not 52 so hopefully this will be a bit of a wake up call

All I can say guys is eat well excercise well get plenty of sleep dirink etc in moderation and look after yourselves as life really is to short and work isn't everything make time to recharge the batteries enjoy your passions and family

:D:thumbsup:

Hagar
16-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Sorry to hear this Trevor. After a possible cancer scare last year I have done just that except all the healthy bits. Although I have given up smoking for 5 months now.
My father die at 51 from a heart attack and at the time as a teenager I thoght he had had a good innings but now that I am older I realise it wasn't so great after all.

I do hope all goes well for him with his bypass surgery.

TrevorW
16-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks Doug glad you gave up the weeds I know how hard that can be

Jen
16-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Trevor i hope your friend gets well soon ((hugs))

TrevorW
17-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks Jen

Stardrifter_WA
17-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Hey Trevor, I hope your friend improves. It is amazing how life can change suddenly. I had a major stroke last year and these instance certainly make you take stock.

I hope he gets well soon. :)

TrevorW
18-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Well if it doesn't rain it pours I had a call from my sister-in-law today my younger brother who is 54 had a suspected heart attack and is currently in hospital undergoing tests.

and isn't it strange how life works yesterday I was offered HDA's in another position for a couple of months worth around $300 a week more in my pay packet