PDA

View Full Version here: : mirror upgrade with Parks mirror

doug mc
11-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Just installed a Parks 8inch f/6 mirror in my Saxon tube assembly. Had to make tube extension and a support for back of the mirror. By far and away the best $400.00 i ever spent in astro gear. Although the original mirror was as good as any if not better than my other reflectors, this Parks mirror is amazing. The extra focal star paterns are the best i have seen, pretty well identical. At least six craterlets were observed in Platos floor last night. They were not just specks but clearly circular.

FlashDrive
11-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Sounds like a good decision Doug ... mind if I ask who you got the mirror from... I can guess maybe AEC in Adelaide .. he sells some Parks gear.

Flash :hi:

doug mc
12-02-2012, 12:20 PM
I was not sure if they were sold here, so my mirror came from Scope City California. I had to lengthen the tube to get proper focus, also instal a better mirror back resting plate, as original mirror cell supports only on the outer rim of mirror. Here is a pic of changes. Doug.

doug mc
12-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Just had alook at AEC site, no Parks products displayed.

FlashDrive
12-02-2012, 04:07 PM
They are listed alright ... !!!

Doug ... it's under ' Other Stock and Prices ' ... just scroll down ... you'll see it.

Flash :hi:

TheDecepticon
12-02-2012, 08:56 PM
AEC is not in Adelaide. It is in Cleve, SA, across the Spencer Gulf from Wallaroo.:rolleyes:

FlashDrive
12-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Oooops .... my mistake ..... :poke:

Flash ...:rolleyes: