PDA

View Full Version here: : Southeast Australia, the land of Lightning!

ballaratdragons
10-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Current Lightning Map: :eyepop:

pgc hunter
10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Doing its best to avoid Melbourne, just like yesterday. Yet another E Vic/ Gippsland and central ranges event. Not only that, but that storm murdering seabreeze is pumping - Yet along the coast in Gippsland it just goes storms galore. What the?

Just another fail whale fizzer.

ballaratdragons
10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Dry lightning has just lit a huge fire near me (and it is very windy!), and the Erickson Helicopter (Elvis) is already flying around dumping water on it. That was a quick response!!!
The fire looks Huge but is just outside my local CFA zone. It must be in Trawalla/Beaufort's area (15 k away). We haven't recieved a call to attend yet.
It is moving Northwest away from here towards Beaufort.

ballaratdragons
10-02-2012, 04:22 PM
3 lightning fires to my Northwest and one at Skipton in the Southwest.

ballaratdragons
10-02-2012, 04:27 PM
We now have 7 lightning fires in my North and Northwest.

traveller
10-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Crickey, hope you get a downpour soon Ken to help putting out the fires if anything.
We just have half a dozen flashes in northern Melbourne. It will be a wild one tonight.
Bo

ballaratdragons
10-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Son number two just got home on the school bus that drove through the fire area. He said there are planes everywhere even though there is lightning striking all around them, fire trucks, farmers, lots of smoke, and as he described it: general mayhem.

Sydney floods while we burn, again :screwy:

pgc hunter
10-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Damnit, wish I could drive, but have to nurse a freshly operated foot. Otherwise I'd just shoot up the Hume, park myself at the Wallan truckstop and enjoy the show.

Down in Berwick we have winter-like clouds rolling in, 50km/h southerly wind , yeah no chance of storms here :(

ballaratdragons
10-02-2012, 05:12 PM
We have just been given a Warning.

Ballarat to receive very dangerous thunderstorms, damaging winds and large hail tonight.