PDA

View Full Version here: : C9.25 XLT OTA only.

asimov
21-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Has anyone purchased this Item from Andrews Comms. recently.

I'm trying to find out what the said OTA comes with for the price of $2300

I know it comes with the dove tail plate. I simply want to know what else it comes with. I'm having trouble getting the required info.

Thanks

Jonathan
22-03-2006, 03:06 PM
It should come with the dovetail, finder scope & mounting bracket, 1.25" diagonal and an EP. The C11 I bought off him in the middle of last year came with all that and at the time Lee told me the Celestron OTA's came with everything except the mount and tripod that was normally part of the C_-SGT packages.

g__day
22-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Jonathan,

How do you find the C11 with XLT on an EQ6 with skyscan as a imaging platform? Can you do long duration astrophotography and do you (can you) autoguide this set-up?

Taa

Miaplacidus
22-03-2006, 06:27 PM
What is the weight of a C9.25, and what are the preferred mounts for visual use (Eq and Alt/az)?

($2300 sounds like an excellent price.)

Robert_T
22-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi Asi, it comes with everything Jonathon says below. The finerscope is only a 30mm one.

cheers,

asimov
22-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Cheers guys.

g__day
23-03-2006, 12:12 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>Miaplacidus (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/member.php?u=354)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_102075", true); </SCRIPT>
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
A C9.25 is listed as weighting 9Kgs OTA.

Jonathan
23-03-2006, 01:55 AM
I'm very new to the world of astrophotography so I can't offer you and sound advice. I only made my first attempts at some piggyback shots 2 weeks ago, it went well but it's no true indication of how good or bad the setup is. I will post the pictures when I get my new PC, my desktop PC died the other day with the pictures on it, hopefully they're still there.:(
I understand that SkyScan is capable of autoguiding, but haven't tried it myself. (there are others here that have, I think?) It's something I'll be looking into shortly.
Overall I think it should be a pretty good imaging setup, that's why I bought what I did! Prime focus DSO's at F10/2800mm focal length will take a lot more skill than I've currently got but I'll get there one day. It should also be very good for imaging planets.
I'd recommend getting Bob's Knobs to anyone buying an SCT, they are a must for collimating safely and easily.