PDA

View Full Version here: : PecPrep

Tandum
02-02-2012, 01:05 AM
My trial on pempro expired so I got a copy of pecprep to recheck the mount. I haven't used this before and was hoping someone that uses it can look at this output. I hit the autofilter button as I lost the guidestar at the end of the capture and autofilter seemed to remove that lump from the numbers. I just wanna check that I should be looking at the peak +/- PE numbers.

Tandum
02-02-2012, 03:54 PM
I have had a bit of a play and deleted the lost star data from the phd log.

Should I be using the autofilter function in pecprep or not. The first image here is the data unfiltered while the second is autofiltered. Which should I believe?

This is from the tak mount so the numbers should be low if everything is ok.

[edit]
Just read the pempro help docs and they autofilter the data in the background so I'm guessing the filtered numbers in pecprep are the correct ones :thumbsup:

RobF
02-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi Robin, it's not incredibly intuitive software, is it! From memory:

- 1st page is your raw data and what other curves you've ticked (red is what you'd get with correction applied)
- PEC is where you experiment with parameters for PEC curve with filter parameters from first page
- PEC arithmetic if you want to pec correct an existing curve to get a new one
- Frequency spectrum to help analyse frequencies etc BUT HAS NO EFFECT ON DERIVED PE curve (took my a while to realise :P)

Autofilter is usually a very good place to start, but depending on properties of your mount (brand, quality of componenets, etc) you may or may not want to include certain frequencies or harmonics from front page.

I would have said your drift corrected PE is 5.23 to -4.77 (about 10 arcsec) from the front page. Actually I thik you have to look at 2nd page to see what the PEC corrected curve/values should become.

Is that for the EM200? Looks like a pretty good curve to me. You wanna swap with my HEQ5 (as attached....) ;)

Tandum
02-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Cheers Rob. I managed to get pempro running with another trial period, thanks matt, and using the same data it is pretty close to the pecprep autofiltered result. I think the filtering takes seeing out of the equation. That green noise line doesn't show up till you filter it.

Yes that's the em-200 :D Looks clear enough tonight to get more than 20minutes of data too :)