PDA

View Full Version here: : A nice night, question about scope settings

04Stefan07
01-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Hey all!

I am currently outside right now! Nice night, not too cold or hot but some mosses are around the damn things.

I tried my Star Alignment again with my 130 SLT and its almost right! It is much closer than it was the other nights I tried it.

I asked it to go to Mars as its right in front of my now and it goes a little bit under but I am tweaking some settings now to see if I can fix it.

I wanted to ask if I turn my scope off does it save my settings or do I need to align every time i go out?

Hopefully my new equipment arrives soon so I can get a great look at Mars as well as some photos:)

Will be plugging my Macbook I am using now inside to charge for a bit, it's nearly dead!

michaellxv
01-02-2012, 12:35 AM
If you don't move your scope you can put it into hibernate mode. Otherwise you will have to align it each time you set it up.

You can align on any object as you go to refine your allignment. e.g. you goto Mars. get it centered and press align. It will replace one of your previous allignment stars with Mars.

Choice of allignment stars also matters. I can recommend the IOS app Alt Az Align. to select which stars to use.

04Stefan07
01-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Cool thanks!

I just came in, getting tired.

Somehow I got a few mosquito bites, damn those things!