PDA

View Full Version here: : There is something to be said for stupidity!

Amunous
29-01-2012, 10:54 AM
I recently stumbled upon this little gem. It still to this day amazes me how completely stupid a lot of people are. Whether you believe in global warming or not this person is not winning any votes with their astonishingly low IQ.

Amunous
29-01-2012, 10:54 AM
The only response i can make to that is "/facepalm".

Octane
29-01-2012, 11:03 AM
It's obviously a trolling post. No-one is that stupid.

There's been several variations to this type of trolling over the years. :)

H

Exfso
29-01-2012, 11:03 AM
This guy is obviously a Mental Midget....What a crackup....

mill
29-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Nobody can be THAT stupid?
Or could it be true that part of the human race is getting REALLY stupid :question:

Sarge
29-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Hey, it must true - he knows a scientist.:screwy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Rod
:D:D

Omaroo
29-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Don't go missing the point - I think that Humayun is spot on. These posts are designed to elicit responses like yours here. Nothing more. :lol:

Amunous
29-01-2012, 12:11 PM
I highly doubt that.. to believe that there are no people that stupid... would probably put you into that category. "If you can't see the stupid person, then you are the stupid person." There is trolling and there is trolling... i really don't think that person is trolling.

Octane
29-01-2012, 12:28 PM
As mentioned, there's plenty of variations on that type of troll.

But, if you wish to believe it to be true, more power to you. :)

H

AndyK
29-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I think it's clearly a troll ... I've seen similar stuff elsewhere.

Having said that, think about someone you know who you consider to be of "average" intelligence.
Then consider that half the planet is stupider than that ... :)

mithrandir
29-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Yes they can Martin, even if it was a troll. As Albert Einstein said:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

and

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

which seems very appropriate here.

vanwonky
29-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Hmmm... flat earthers.. creationists etc. etc.

This may be a troll but people that stupid do exist!

Omaroo
29-01-2012, 01:32 PM
LOL :lol: Post of the week...

lacad01
29-01-2012, 01:45 PM
:screwy: I reckon the person who originally posted that piece was just taking the p1$$, tongue firmly in cheek :rolleyes:

pgc hunter
29-01-2012, 02:30 PM
lol Tim FlimFlannery is on Facebook!

Baddad
29-01-2012, 02:57 PM
:)If you look at his arguement closely it is fairly well constructed. Even though it is not correct. But that is the aim.
He also makes reference to a creditable source.
His arguement is too logical for him to be stupid enough to believe it to be true.

He is trolling. He has baited in a few and having a laugh.:lol:

I agree with Humayun.:):thumbsup:

Cheers:)

leon
29-01-2012, 04:34 PM
What you say is probably quite true, however there are some out there that actually believe there are now 25 hours in the day until daylight saving ends.
I personally know of one, and its not me !!!.

Leon

ballaratdragons
29-01-2012, 04:49 PM
There are still people who still believe that DST creates an extra hour of sunshine!
Some people are that stupid.

Some of the farmers around here still think DST is stupid because it mucks up their cows milking cycles, their paddocks are drying out, and the daytime work hours are longer!

I have read similar in other forums (Car and Football Forums) from sensible people who don't like the extra created hour of sunlight. They are not trolling, they just don't get it, even when it is explained to them (though to be fair, some get it eventually).

Yes, it's called Summer!

But yes, there are still some people that stupid!

traveller
29-01-2012, 05:33 PM
maybe it's heatstroke :shrug:
Never underestimate the ingenuity of fools ;)
Bo

Baddad
29-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Hi Leon,:)
Yes you are quite correct.
I know of some people who do believe that the powers that be have made the sun shine an extra hour.

When Daylight Saving started in S.A. people complained with ridiculous reasons.
One I remember: The extra sunlight is causing the paint to peel on the back wall.

And a joke:

The Old Indian's comment on daylight savings , "Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."

multiweb
29-01-2012, 05:37 PM
That is quite funny actually. More like a bait for a lot of people to bite on than a real post IMHO. Seems to work too as it is being discussed here :lol:

ballaratdragons
29-01-2012, 05:37 PM
I can remember housewives complaining that their curtains would fade quicker due to the extra hour per day of sun! That was back in the early 70's or late 60's or whenever it was when we got DST in Sydney. :lol:

leon
29-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Yep Ken, I have heard that exact comment.

Leon

bartman
29-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Same here in WA. Hence the rejection of DLS in the referendums. Lots of country people and people who live close to the coast rejected it.:mad2:

I'm sure I've heard those comments more recent!

But to get back to the OP, yes its trolling......I agree with the comments made supporting this.
Bartman

Ric
30-01-2012, 08:58 AM
I was just reading that

A great piece of humour. :thumbsup: :rofl:

el_draco
30-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Oh gawd....Someone shoot this moron before it breeds... To late!, now that I think about it. I've met many similarly synaptically challenged individuals in recent times... They come out mainly when daylight savings begins and there is an extra hour of daylight to warm their brain cell.

TrevorW
31-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Gee lucky we dont have DST in WA with that extra daylight I won't have enough nighttime for imaging

:question::screwy:;):thumbsup:

ballaratdragons
31-01-2012, 10:39 PM
:rofl: Take shorter exposures so you can still fit the same amount of light frames into each night's session :P

OICURMT
31-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Actually, there is a logic to this... let me explain.

Commercial farms that have milking cows are on a "tight" time schedule with respect to when the receiving trucks arrive to accept a load of milk at a dairy.

Because it is humans who are the dominant species and we have invented the concept of time (in the cognitive sense, not with respect to the universe)... the truck arrives everyday at *exactly* the same time (say 4am). A problem arises when DST is in effect. The cows are now milked an hour out of their normal routine, thus disrupting the milking cycle. This would not be a problem if the truck schedule were independent from DST and always used say UTC, but this would require the people working for the company to shift their entire day by one hour. Since we are the dominant species on the planet and control what we want to control, we allow the workers to clock-in at the same "chronological" time everyday.

So, humans are happy, but the cows are not. This is why you hear the argument that the it disrupts the cows milking cycle. In fact, it is humans who disrupt the milking cycle by not yielding to the needs of the cows to be milked on a fixed schedule. The dairy industry is a $4bn p.a. market, to disrupt the cows even for a short term (probably a couple of weeks to adjust to the new milking schedule?... just guessing, I'm an engineer, not a farmer)... would cause them to suffer some financial losses.

OIC!

jenchris
31-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Cows yield is less during the transition - they DO lose money.

There are people who don't understand - and there's a lot of them.
Those old grannies worrying about the curtains fading were real.
My cousin wasn't an idiot, but she thought electricity leaked out of the socket if it was turned on with no plug in.
There again, maybe she was an idiot.... She loved banjo music too ....hmmmmm

ballaratdragons
31-01-2012, 11:54 PM
You're not a farmer are you? :)

They don't work that way. Well, not in Victoria anyway.

Victorian Farmers do NOT alter schedules to suit public change.
Cows get milked at the same time (real time) with or without DST. Which is probably good that dairy farmers refuse to work on DST.
Dairies are compliant with this and pick up accordingly, implementing ISO 9001 (ISO 9001 purchasing, product specification, manufacturing processes, job descriptions, training, operating instructions, calibration and maintenance, hygiene and sanitation and occupational health and safety.) which also prevents any disruption to a Cow's time cycle.

Some of them may be backwards in believing the truth, but good on them for not budging :thumbsup:

But beside the fact that they don't Milk at the wrong time, the point is that some still believe the Sun is made to stay up an hour longer.

OICURMT
31-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Cool, thanks for the clarification. It was my understanding that the trucking schedule was fixed (not suiting public change, but rather a corporate one) when they arrive at the same "clock time" every morning (at least that it what I was told when I visited a dairy farm). Their explanation seems sound and logical, based on the facts stated to me... 4am is 4am, but in "real time" they are obviously not the same. Oddly enough, the USA uses DST and milk always seems available in the store... :question:

I completely agree that people are silly for thinking that the sun stays up an hour longer... or that the curtains fade faster because the sun shines "longer on them"... complete idiocy.

And no, I'm an engineer, not a farmer... can't stand to get up too early in the morning (I'm a night owl :D).

ballaratdragons
01-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Don't get me wrong. You could be partly right.

I don't know what happens in NSW as to milk timetable regulations, but Victoria milks at the same time (Non DST) :thumbsup:

The Dairy workers probably like it too as they get to knock off an hour earlier (even though they have to start an hour earlier) :lol:
But in Summer that is good :)

ballaratdragons
01-02-2012, 12:10 AM
ahhhh, it seems NSW milks at the DST time according to this comment: ""I think most farmers are inconvenienced, said dairy farmer Ian Lindsay, who is forced to milk in darkness on his property at Huntingdon on the Mid-North Coast."

He continues: "I am coming home to have my breakfast and it is still dark."

So NSW Dairies don't seem to alter their work hours to suit the cows.

I think Lester is a Dairy Farmer over in South Australia. It would be interesting to hear how they deal with it.

ballaratdragons
01-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Hmmmm, this gets weirder :lol:

Dairy Farmers at Colac in Victoria have to Milk earlier (or is it later :question: ) because Colac dairy refuses to pick up at a different time!

So they have to retrain their cows at the end of DST :screwy:

Seems their is no legislation. It is left up to each dairy!

Oh well, there are STILL some who believe in Alien Visits and Nibiru too :rofl:

TrevorW
01-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Do cows wear watches ???

ballaratdragons
01-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Yes Trevor.

Well, the ones on Nibiru do :lol:

ballaratdragons
11-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Just to continue on with the stupidity of some people regarding Daylight Savings Time, here is a recent letter sent to a Newspaper in Albury, proving that people are STILL that dumb: :lol: :screwy:

TrevorW
11-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Sad isn't it that most of the people in Albury are having a laugh at Chris's expense. Sadder still that the newspaper actually published it.

traveller
11-05-2012, 01:23 PM
And now with DST off, we have more rain, I think he might be onto something... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

scagman
11-05-2012, 03:48 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Does this explain way qld gets so much more rain than we down south?

pgc hunter
11-05-2012, 04:44 PM
That just made my day :rofl:

What a freaking numbnuts :screwy::rofl::rofl:

stephenb
11-05-2012, 09:52 PM
You obviously haven't met some of the people I have to deal with on a daily basis. ;)

Satchmo
11-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Its obvious to me that the guy in the forum is 'taking the piss'.

mill
12-05-2012, 03:56 PM
That was a bloody good idea, that causes a dip in the water and the boats can go under the bridge :thumbsup:

Now i go back drinking some more booze :P

Regulus
12-05-2012, 06:07 PM
If people get up in arms about the giving and taking of an hour a couple of times a year it's good we aren't about to remove 11 or so days from the calendar to adjust it as they once did (I think 11). I read that there was some real concern expressed by the general public at having their lives shortened. The social media would be going nuts and and the BOM guys would have to start wearing body armor.
:screwy: