PDA

View Full Version here: : Tomic versus Federer

Hans Tucker
22-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Big question in Melbourne and possible the rest of Australia..Can Tomic beat Federer tonight? Me thinks maybe not given the 5 set match against his nemisis Dolgopolov..the recovery might not be there. His has matured and his game is there..so lets hope he does. :thumbsup:

Please lets leave any mention of Hewitt out of this thread..I absolutely lothe the guy...always have always will...sorry no TIC

Ric
22-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I hope he isn't overawed by the occasion and just goes out and plays his normal game.

If he does that anything is possible.

Omaroo
22-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Win or not tonight, I have a feeling that Bernard will be a consistent top two or three player very soon. He's maturing quickly and will build his mental game. Looking forward to watching the match.

scagman
22-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah, he is playing well. He has taken 1 set off Federer in a previous match. I was a bit disapointed with him the other night when he said he didnt challange the call on the back line during the game when he clearly did.

strongmanmike
22-01-2012, 04:53 PM
How come? I recon he's alright :shrug: past his best now but he has been Australia's best and highest ranked player in the modern era :thumbsup:

ATomic looks to be the logical successor though :thumbsup:

Mike

Omaroo
22-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Tick..tick..tick...

Hans Tucker
22-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Two sets down and the third isn't looking promising for Tomic.god knows the boy is trying.

Omaroo
22-01-2012, 08:52 PM
As much as I don't like admitting it, the outcome is a bit predictable still. Thats OK, he has years ahead of him. He's doing well! It is Roger Federer....

batema
22-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Over and out. How well did Federer play?

Hans Tucker
22-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Jeez..Tomic really needs to work on his post match interview. Two things bugged me...the over use of 'You Know' and the tongue thing...reminds me of Pete Sampras.

Either way his did well but Federer doesn't reward mistakes. His performance in the Australian Open at least has improved Tomic's ranking.