View Full Version here: : How far did you ride walk or run today

supernova1965
20-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Today's ride

15klm
average speed 14.5kph
time 1 hour 5 min's
top speed 25kph

I am going to update this daily to motivate me to go out on the ride the only time I will miss is if it is raining.

Rob P
20-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Keep going Warren....it's not as though we will have much observing time until April!:thumbsup:

Octane
20-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Posting daily updates constitutes SPAM.

Instead, download something like RunKeeper for your mobile (and, use it while exercising) which will keep GPS statistics that you can view and share with others online.

It will also motivate you by automatically sending you emails as you pass milestones, such as, farthest distance travelled, fastest pace in a week, and, so on.

I use it for my running.

H

supernova1965
20-01-2012, 08:55 PM
I will look that up right now.:thumbsup::thanx:

brian nordstrom
20-01-2012, 09:03 PM
:question:UMM , don't know , I blew up my ' pedometer ' today , We as a workforce at work got asked to wear pedometors for 3 months , as a trial, to see how many miles we walk in a year . Cool :thumbsup: . 4 of us put up our hands . Mine broke down today , flat battery? .Not sure ?, just stopped.
Got razzed by the other 3 others that are still going strong .. was funny , I should not have mentioned that mine broke down. :lol: .
Last night I was at 25 km's after 1.3452 days after this week's of a 5 day week over 3 weeks , each .
Bugger .
Brian

brian nordstrom
20-01-2012, 09:11 PM
;) Wikipedia , , Pedomoter's , GPS , AP's all down for stand . Yesterday . Twas real .
Did happen.

Cool. :thumbsup:
Brian.

TrevorW
20-01-2012, 09:38 PM
3.5klm walk today last night soccer training day before same walk plus weights

I try to get in three walks a week min two days of soccer for about an 1hr and some weight training in there as well

when I was riding a bike in my 30's I'd average 60 klms a day 5 days a week

so keep up the good work Warren

ballaratdragons
20-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I watched some guy ride past my house today. Does that count?
I had to walk all the way to the front door to see him go past. :P

But yeah, a daily update is a bit much thanks Warren. As H said, it's just SPAM. :thumbsup:

Ric
21-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Did 77km in 40 minutes on my bike yesterday.

Average speed about 90kph.

It would have been better but I had to stop for petrol. ;) ;) ;)

Seriously though, keep up the good work Warren. It sounds like you are going well and building up your stamina. :thumbsup:

Liz
21-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Well done Warren!! Ya doing a great job there on the bike. :thumbsup:

AstralTraveller
21-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Not far enough. At least I've been on my feet most of the day at work recently. And I'm eating less bread and more salad.

Warren, you can pm me a daily update of your rides if it helps you. I'm happy to hear the news. You never know, it might even motivate me. :thumbsup:

supernova1965
21-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks David:D:thumbsup:

ZeroID
22-01-2012, 07:24 AM
I do a regular 2km per day, no parking spot at work so it's about 1km each way to my unmetered street parking, big uphill at night. Plus whatever I walk during the day, maybe another 1 km. Then will walk two nights per week, 4km or more each time and at weekends we normally do a serious walk somewhere, 6 - 10km or Liz does a 1 hour run while I walk an hour. Keep meaning to get the bike out because I do enjoy a longer ride. has to be in the 30-40 km to be worth it.

Warren: Have a look at MapmyRun website. Lets you plan your training and keeps a log of your distances and times etc. Mostly free to use if you can ignore the ads. We use it a lot when training up for an event. Liz has a half Marathon planned for end of Feb, I'll do the 11km walk that is also part of the event. Don't think I could manage 21km at speed on my knees but 11km is ok, ...just !

supernova1965
22-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Sounds like a good exercise routine:thumbsup: and I have got that software and will try it out.

Barrykgerdes
22-01-2012, 08:51 AM
I never walk if I can drive or catch a bus. I don't ride any more. unecessary physical exertion abhors me.

I walk about half a KM per day just inside the house. A trip to the supermarket is 200 metres from the car and back and up and down 12 aisles at about 40 metres per time adds another 500 metres. window shopping adds another half Km. If I get conned into walking the dog that's another Km. The bus stop is 300 metres away. I think I get all the exercising I need without a walking program.

Yes I am about 7 Kg overweight at 73 Kg. So what! I exercise my brain with cryptic crosswards and computer programming. This helps my brain to work out more ways of avoiding physical exertion.

Most of my athletic contemporaries have now passed on. :thumbsup::lol::lol:

Barry:thumbsup:

iceman
22-01-2012, 09:18 AM
I ran 5km this morning. I usually go for increasing speed, not distance. So I try and do the 5km as fast as possible. And then at the end of that, I do 50-100 pushups, situps and squat kicks.

And +1 for RunKeeper. I use it on my iPhone for my runs - it's great. Uses the GPS to track your distance, time, pace, etc.

TrevorW
22-01-2012, 12:20 PM
The thing I hate it seems to me the older you get the harder it is for you to shift that Christmas weight gain.

When I was younger I didn't have to worry about how much I ate or drank or for that matter excercised.

I'm sure your metabolisim slows down with aging and the only way to loose those extra kilo's is eat a lot less and excercise a lot more which is a PITA.

Cheers

GrahamL
22-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Not a single inch, but since my surgery lasy year I've been on my exersise bike daily bulding to around 25 minutes of late .

I'm not sure how good they are for fitness but I sure seem to do a lot more work than a ride down the road.