PDA

View Full Version here: : Craftright case.

brian nordstrom
09-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi all, I read here about these Craftright cases from Bunnings here at IIS and sadly our local at Palmerstom had none ...:shrug:
I happened to be there on new years day and yea ha !! I spotted them , a new shipment had arrived and were on special for $49.99.
I grabbed one and this is the results of about 1/2 an hours fiddling with the internal foam .
The 1st photo is under the middle sheet of foam at the bottom so the 2x counter weights and shaft are isolated from the head and hand controller .
The rest are pretty self explanetry. :thumbsup: an easy and neat system.
It fits my whole Ioptron iEQ45 mount , electronics , weights and shaft with ease and now I can transport the whole set up with ease and not have to worry about damage.
:DI am stoked with it and googled the Pelican cases and there aint much differance in their outward apparence , a really good BUY. ;) for under 50 bucks.
Brian.

astro_nutt
09-01-2012, 07:35 PM
That is a very neat system there Brian!
Speaking of cases, I needed a new and bigger case for all my ep's and such. I finally chose a 570mm Trojan canterlever toolbox from Bunnings for about $35. The top tray has a clear lid and houses 15 removable tubs each 52 x 60 x 90mm plus 3 fixed storage areas. I find them a good size for the smaller ep's, filters, batteries, tools, cleaning equipment. The storage area underneath which mearures 460 x 230 x 95mm and holds all my 2"ep's, barlows, adapters and collimation tools.
Something to think about if you're in the market for another case.
Cheers!

brian nordstrom
09-01-2012, 09:12 PM
:eyepop: Funny that Astro Nut , I was looking at the same trojan box thinking that would make a good accessary case when I grabbed my Craftright case .:thumbsup:
Brian.

Gort
03-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Hello Good People,

I just bought the craftright hardcase (465 x 360 x 175) from Bunnings Notting Hill for $39.98. A good price if you ask me and they have some left.

Cheers

Sarge
03-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Looks great Brian,

How is it weight wise. I have a Craftright case which i was going to modify for my eyepieces, as my current eyepiece case is pretty full, but your idea seems better. I have a NEQ6 which comes in at 23kg without counterweights. Is the case strong enough and foam tight enough to stop movement of the mount and counterweights?

Clear skies

Rod
:D:D

MrB
04-05-2012, 03:41 AM
Rod, I have the yellow version of this case that bunnings were selling a few years back and unfortunately the EQ6 is too big for it.
I don't know if this black case is any bigger tho.

traveller
04-05-2012, 09:11 AM
This is the original thread, (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=67309&page=5) and yes EQ6 head will fit, JUST.
Masters in opening near my place soon, maybe they will have a few there also?
Bo

MrB
04-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Actually, now you mention it, I think I did see some at Masters.
Not 100% sure tho as I was in a bit of a rush and not absorbing what I saw.

netwolf
10-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Saw a pallet of them at Bunings Auburn last Saturday for $39.98, looks a bit small to me to fit a G11 head though.