PDA

View Full Version here: : Thumbsup up to IIS members

[1ponders]
08-01-2012, 04:41 PM
I was fortunate enough yesterday to experience the generosity of another IIS member. A short while ago I posted a thread on diagnosing a problem with my desktop. Plenty of members came up with good ideas for me to look at. Then I got an PM asking if I'd like to have someone take a look at my computer and see if it could be got running again. No cost involved. Cheers :D.

Then I receive another email from the same person saying that there were a couple of old ones of the same model lying around the office (5 years old roughly) and maybe they could be salvaged to produce another one if the first one couldn't be made functional again.

So last night this IIS member turns up at my place after driving for an hour and a half with a basically new computer for my observatory. :D :D :D Then walks into my shed to look at the old one, I push the button and by simply looking at it, he fixes a machine that hasn't looked like working for 12 mths or more. Now that is service.

Now I know I am not alone in receiving free benefits from IIS members, nor has this been an isolated incident for me, but I would like to thank Keni for his fantastic help and great company last night and carrying on the tradition of a caring and helpful community.

Cheers Ken! :thumbsup: You're a champion mate. :cool:

astroron
08-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Great News Paul:D
Send Keni My way ;)
Hopefully he may come to a Cambroon night in the future:D
I think most of us at one time or another have been on the receiving end of an iceinspace members generosity ;)
@Keni Bonza Mate:thumbsup:
Cheers:drink:

supernova1965
08-01-2012, 05:08 PM
That's great news and what our community is really like much more positive than negitive:thumbsup:

DavidU
08-01-2012, 05:13 PM
:thumbsup:x2

Kevnool
08-01-2012, 05:16 PM
It really makes you feel great when you hear good stories with great results.

Well done :thumbsup:
Cheers Kev.

renormalised
08-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Great stuff:):)

erick
08-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Got to absolutely agree. I had an immediate and generous offer of machining help which I requested late last night. :thumbsup:

keni
08-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks Paul,
But I'm not the Messiah.....I'm just a naughty boy.
It was all part of my cunning plan to get you to demonstrate the "black art" of drift alignment.
Pity about the clouds....just a few stars was that too much to ask for....apparently Yep.

Ken.
PS.. before you get too complimentary check those boxes with your G11 in them.....

Joke..Joke...Joke...

strongmanmike
08-01-2012, 07:50 PM
On ya Keni, you clearly made someones day :clap:

Now Ken, I have a few issue with my rig too....

Mike

bartman
08-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Good stuff Ken!:thumbsup:
Lotsa Karma heading your way....
Bartman

Stardrifter_WA
08-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah Ken, I add my praise to that as well. Amateur Astronomers are truly a great bunch! :)

keni
08-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Blush..blush..blush...
Thanks for all your compliments but I reckon the IIS community are still well in credit for all the help and advice I've received since joining.

Now those of you with equipment issues let's all metaphorically join hands and chant.....
"Equip probs POQ" now keep that up for a couple of hours.

If that doesn't help take 2 strong rums and fall down.

Cheers...hic,
Ken.

astroron
08-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Ken the offer to you too come to Cambroon is still open ;)
I am just a few kilometers from Paul :)
Cheers :thumbsup:

keni
08-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi Ron,
Thanks very much..if you remember I tried ages ago but the weather turned crappy...gee what a surprise.
Much appreciated and I really want to pick your brain too so fingers crossed for next new moon.
Do I need to bring a big hammer for delicate tech work.???
Cheers,
Ken.

astroron
08-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Yes Ken, I remembered that's the reason I said the offer is still open ;)
Nah just run of the mill computer problems that computer dullards like me find so difficult :sadeyes:
Look forward to catching up next Astro night :D
Cheers :thumbsup:

Jen
09-01-2012, 09:30 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: yayyyyy way to go Ken there is a very lovely bunch of people on this website that have helped me out on a regular basis too :D
Sharing the love ((hugs))
I only wish i had a few of you lived a little closer to me ;)

keni
09-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks Jen....
You just need to move north a little.............
Well a lot actually...but I agree as I said earlier IIS members are in credit for help I've received.

Cheers,
Ken.

FlashDrive
09-01-2012, 09:41 PM
On'ya Keni ... good job mate ... should I make an appointment and join the queue :D

Flash :hi:

keni
09-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Not until you buy that 150mm APO ED scope and want to sell it for $500..:rofl:

keni
09-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Whoops..forgot the .....
Thank you...

Ken

FlashDrive
09-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I'll get right on it .... :rofl: