PDA

View Full Version here: : The Ballad of Lovejoy

fringe_dweller
31-12-2011, 07:32 PM
hey all so impressed and moved By Comet Lovejoy experience, like everybody here i had to write a tune about it and record it today, as thats what i do these days

link here

http://soundcloud.com/rusty-ryder/ballad-of-comet-lovejoy

immortalised in song! :)

supernova1965
31-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Nice one that was great. You should do a Music Vid and put it on youtube :thumbsup:

PCH
31-12-2011, 08:02 PM
That was really very good fd. You got a good voice and play well. Although if that's what you 'do' these days, I'd imagine you don't need me to tell you that huh!

Hey, -at the intro stage, I felt sure it was going to burst into "Horse with no name" by America. Anyone else think that?

Groboz
31-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Actually I thought it sounded like a slower tempo "I've done all the dumb things" by Paul Kelly. Nice job :thumbsup: I should write a ballad about how I didn't get lucky. :(

fringe_dweller
31-12-2011, 09:24 PM
thanks for listening guys! :) i thought i might have my first viral hit? lol i am just practising and trying to build my songwriting skills at the moment, yep i can hear the dumb things connection a bit, big PK fan here!
but no one noticed the Tom waits lifting yet? cool! they say if you are going to steal, steal from the best! or at least something not well known but should be hehe .. i only wrote it and recorded spur of the moment in one go today, into little portable recorder live, needs some work maybe lyrics?

Happy New Year to all!!

mishku
01-01-2012, 01:06 AM
This is very good!! I think you might just have a viral hit :)

I kept waiting for you to segue into "La Grange" by ZZ Top :D

Ric
01-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Good value Kearn. :thumbsup:

You should send it into Rage with a video clip. They usually play new and independent stuff in the early hours of the morning, but thats when all the amateur astronomers are coming in after a night out. :D

venus
01-01-2012, 10:06 AM
cool!

Kevnool
01-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Very Good was reading along with it.

Top Stuff

Cheers Kev.

fringe_dweller
01-01-2012, 11:23 PM
thankyou all!, appreciate the nice comments and listens music lovers! :thanx:

Ric! hi! great suggestion, altho i might have to hire younger male model to pretend to be me and mime tune in video, :lol: manilli vanilli still available? hhmmm ;)

cheers!

Ric
03-01-2012, 12:25 PM
The ZZ Top boys have been a bit quiet for a while.

That would guarantee air play ;)

:rockband:

Suzy
03-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Hi Kern :hi:
That was a wonderful job, thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Aye.. it was an emotional comet for many of us, myself included, I even ended up by making a tribute video posted here on the forum. It's terrific that you have put this wonderful memory into a song. :thumbsup:

I do! I Love that tune.:D

astroron
03-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Well Done Kern,enjoyed the song:)
Sounds very Dylonish,is he available:question:
Cheers :thumbsup:

CometGuy
04-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Great stuff Kearn. I guess you liked the comet :)

Terry

fringe_dweller
11-01-2012, 01:33 PM
havent had internets for a week,... was bowled over to read your post Terry, you have made my day/week/month/year! :) hoped you would like it, tried to quickly distill essence of mine and also collective experience and write it while still in peak of natural 'high' that rare and special events like this induce in us all.. was well worth coming out of 'retirement' for!
thanks again! :)

fringe_dweller
11-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Suzy and Ron, thanks very much for kind words!
Suzy, i watched your YT clip when first posted and loved it, :thumbsup: yep agreed stirs up some nice emotions dont normally experience in day to day life..

Ron, 'his Bobness' is still going and performing at 70 something young i believe :eyepop: was just here recently :thumbsup: i'll get my people to talk to his people, and then maybe 'do lunch' :lol: