PDA

View Full Version here: : Why, why, why, why, WHY!!!

cybereye
19-12-2011, 07:58 AM
You've got to love this hobby/passion/obsession!!

Finally on Saturday night we had a clear night here in Brisbane. Unfortunately my family and I were at a Christmas BBQ. It was a great night but I couldn't help, every now and then, looking up at the sky and thinking "I could be imaging at the moment..."

Why did it pick Saturday night to be clear???!!! :shrug:

Cheers,
Mario

troypiggo
19-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Same here. We were at a wedding. :(

jenchris
19-12-2011, 09:52 AM
It's because you didn't come to the SAS Christmas party Mario.
It was clear that night too!

cybereye
19-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Jen,

I was in Sydney that weekend for mum's 81st. I'll miss the next meeting as well due to family commitments. I'm starting to wonder if I'll get to any more meetings!!!

Cheers,
Mario

Ric
19-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Clear nights and other engagements.

Another case of Murphy's law in action. :D

Baddad
19-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Hi Mario,
Its that person again. The one I referred to in my thread. The one that won lotto and is still buying up big.
That person still wont 'fess up.

We will all suffer at that person's hands.
Yesterday evening I saw Venus in a break in the clouds. That is as much as I have had opportunity for some time now.
If that lotto winner is reading this; you may hide or you may run, We will find you out one day. Then we will call you bad names and pull your toes.
:lol:
Cheers

renormalised
19-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Mario, it's simple. Everyone is checking your calendar and making sure you're "booked out" for as many nights as they can possibly get, and then making sure those nights are clear:):P

batema
19-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Yes I was at the family pre christmas party a week before the family christmas party which will preceed the boxing day family christmas party and all I wanted to do was be out imaging.

renormalised
19-12-2011, 11:03 AM
You know, it's crazy. For 99% of the time, your rellies, friends and whoever couldn't be bothered to get in contact with you during the year. It's out of sight, out of mind. You try to get anything out of them and you get all the excuses in the world as to why they have to shoot off cause they're in a hurry, or the baby's sick, or they have a meeting. They literally never come around to see you or even give you a ring to say hello, how are you. But then, at around this time of the year, all of a sudden they want you....yes, you....to turn up at every party, function, family get together they have planned or are planning. And woe betide you if you can't. Bugger your own wants and needs, schedule and everything else. Everything has to be all chummy chummy and "xmasie" and good will to all and sundry....

All it is, is just an excuse to booze up, act like morons, get into family fights, blame one another for what happened and generally just re-enact over a week's long period exactly what happened over the course of the previous year. No wonder you feel relieved after leaving the so called "xmas family get together".

:):):P:P

Baddad
19-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi Carl,
I agree, its Mario's Rellies. They are in cahoots with that mystery lotto winner.
Maybe Mario can make some discreet enquiries and identify the lotto winner. :lol: We can all rest easy then and be graced with clear skies.

Cheers

cybereye
19-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Don't blame my blood line, all my relatives are in Sydney! :D

Baddad
19-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi Mario,

:rofl::lol::lol::rofl:

jjjnettie
19-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I'd like to add my bah humbug too.
The whole xmas thing, I'm over it.
I've had clear skies but couldn't be bothered setting up.

Omaroo
19-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Resign to it Nettie. Hop on a bus and come to Sydney. We'll just drink instead... LOL

Baddad
19-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi JJJ,
When did you have clear skies?
Cheers:(

shelltree
19-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Xmas has made me so de-motivated to do anything except sleep and sit on my computer by myself. I haven't edited any photos in weeks and just don't feel like it. Blah.

jjjnettie
19-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Shel, I feel for everyone who works in retail at this time of year. xox

shelltree
19-12-2011, 10:52 PM
It has its moments J, most of them filled with verbal abuse, utter disbelief/frustration and baby dribble :( lol. Looking forward to a few days off and many many beers :)

spacezebra
21-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi Shel, a well deserved break is on the cards for you! Hang in there - how many days to go???

PS _ i love your signature - where do I sign up for the BHHA club...?

Cheers Petra d.

shelltree
21-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Two more days after today! :) then 4 days off, woohoo!

Petra, to join the BHHA, just simply devote 5 mins a day to Brian's red helicopter and harness :D :P

Finite
24-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Aha! Maybe it is Mario who has won Lotto, thereby using up a lifetime of good luck in one hit. Which would mean Mario won't ever be seeing another clear sky coinciding with a free night....

Stardrifter_WA
24-12-2011, 06:04 PM
My commiserations on not having clear skies. Hang in there, it will get better. We have been plagued by cloud too until this week; we have had some really nice clear skies.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and finally get the clear skies you all so desire.