PDA

View Full Version here: : New Terms for Posting in Forum

renormalised
18-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Been thinking of late about new terms that can be used to describe actions and/or posts in this forum...

If a topic requires an extraordinary explanation from someone before it can be accepted as fact, or they have given that explanation, that topic has been saganised.

If a topic about a subject that sounds like science fiction was covered in depth and explained in a matter of fact manner, that topic has been kraussed

If a completely esoteric topic in science has been explained exceptionally well and is easy to understand, then it has been greened (those either following such a topic or are the ones having explained it so well are greenies :):))

If a post has been taken beyond all the bounds of credibility and sounds like nothing more than wild fantasy, it's been nibiruted.

If a topic is so involved that it is too difficult to understand or sounds like it came from a mad scientist, or it's relative to everything else being discussed, it's an einstein topic.

If it's been tarted up so much it looks like something out of a celebrity scandal mag, it's been coxed.

If it silently creeps up, barely makes a ripple but is so profound that it affects everyone who ends up discussing it, it's been wittenised.

If the topic explosively expands into a thousand different discussions, it's been guthed.

If it's a weighty subject, it's higgsed.

If a topic sprouts many new and varied areas of discussion, it has undergone darwinisation.

If it's a topic that completely excludes anything to do with faith, religion or anything to do with fantasy/delusion, it's been dawkinsised.

If a topic sounds so logical and consistent in its arguments that it appears unearthly, it's been spocked.

If a lengthy, complicated and seemingly impossible topic has been covered so quickly and so well that it's hard to believe it's been accomplished in such a short time, the topic has undergone scottification (been scottified).

If it's just splitting hairs (or infinitives) it's trekked.

If it keeps asking where things are at, it's fermied.

If no one knows exactly what it's about, the topic is heisenberged.

If it's a topic that totally excludes all other discussion except about itself, it's a paulied topic.

If a topic creates a "light bulb" moment in someone, they've been maxwelled.

If a topic is just going around itself without getting anywhere, like an electron orbiting an atom, it's a bohring topic.

If the topic becomes schizophrenic and splits into a thousand discussions, it's everetted.

If a topic either sticks to the norm or approaches something generally considered as being acceptable, it's gone to copenhagen.

I can come up with heaps of others, but I'll leave it up to others to come up with their own :):)

DavidU
18-12-2011, 12:02 PM
You will be Hadroned for this Carl LOL

renormalised
18-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Probably, by and Large. It could be a real collider of ideas.

multiweb
18-12-2011, 12:08 PM
But eventually we'll all be craigarised. Resistance is futile. ;):P

renormalised
18-12-2011, 12:13 PM
That's borged :):P

multiweb
18-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Only spicier. ;)

kinetic
18-12-2011, 12:38 PM
or Lovejoyed :)

xelasnave
18-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Carl you are so clever I rate you as dangerous to the establishement:eyepop:.

Very clever and best of all extremely entertaining:thumbsup:.

Moreove I think your approach must remind us of the human factor that runs through all we know and think we know:shrug:.

alex:):):)

jjjnettie
18-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Very clever.

renormalised
18-12-2011, 01:31 PM
That's what happens to 2012 wackos.....it's when it blazes a trail through our atmosphere and ricochets off their heads, bringing them "celestial enlightenment", or knocks some sense into them :):):P:P

renormalised
18-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Only if it's 7 of 9 :)

Ric
18-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Nice one Carl. :thumbsup::lol:

(I had to Google a few of those as well) ;) :whistle:

mishku
18-12-2011, 06:29 PM
when the forums are calm, nobody is cranky, and there is a state of minimum entropy, they have been renormalised??? :D

GeoffW1
18-12-2011, 06:40 PM
:rofl:that's the best one. Rename the Science Forum to Minimum Entropy Forum. You can't post there if you are disorderly.

Cheers

mishku
18-12-2011, 06:46 PM
See!! Not only do I know what entropy is, I know you can have just a wee bit, or rather a lot... I should DEFINITELY be contributing regularly to the Minimum Entropy Forum :D

renormalised
18-12-2011, 06:50 PM
I must be useful for something, then:):P:P

Good one :)

renormalised
18-12-2011, 07:03 PM
If a topic always brings out a conditioned response in people, it can be said they're pavloved

Really eccentric topics are moored topics

Any topic that appears clueless but it actually extremely clever if you scratch its surface is cartered

A topic that is actually clueless is bushed

A topic that promises the earth but never delivers is telstra'd

There's a few more :)

avandonk
18-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Carl what would you call premature evaluation?

Bert

renormalised
18-12-2011, 10:00 PM
A rutherford. He didn't think that splitting the atom would be all that useful. How wrong he was :)

avandonk
18-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Brilliant!

Bert

avandonk
18-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Many years ago at a lunch to celebrate my group leaders invitation to join the Australian Royal Society at quite a young age a certain Peter Medowar remarked dryly to all at the lunch that this usually only happens when your prostate is bigger than your brain!

Surely you can fit him in with something suitable.

Bert

renormalised
18-12-2011, 10:16 PM
When the topic of discussion exceeds your capacity to reply with anything coherent, you've become medowared

Or,

When early on in a topic someone tells you that you've exceed your capacity for any rational thought, you've become medowared

avandonk
18-12-2011, 11:39 PM
It will get to the stage Carl where people whose names are not on this list will feel they are not important!

Again brilliant!

Bert

ZeroID
19-12-2011, 06:47 AM
If it can only be seen dimly in the far distance with great magnification has it been Hubbled ?

Keltik
19-12-2011, 07:38 AM
I offer that a topic submitted by someone who has decided their qualifications in one field should make them an expert in a field they know feck-all about is Plimered.

AstralTraveller
21-12-2011, 02:37 PM
If a post is hopelessly lost but still somehow manages to find what it's looking for it has been dished

(OK I'm grasping).

Suzy
23-12-2011, 01:25 AM
My head hurts.

ngcles
23-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi Carl,

So good you get a LOL from me (and they're not lightly given ... 2nd one this year I think).

... and if the debate here is carried along energetically, it has been Boson-ised.

Best,

Les D

renormalised
23-12-2011, 04:57 PM
If someone keeps asking why after you explain something, they're millering

If someone humbly acknowledges their seminal contribution to a topic, they're doing an oppenheimer

If someone's contribution to a topic becomes smaller and smaller till it ends up almost nonexistent, they're plancking, or have been plancked

If a topic sparks a lot of interest but starts to be come a little too esoteric, it's undergone teslarisation

If it's an extremely serious topic, it's been newtoned

If a topic or someone participating in a debate starts to stick in one's side, you've been thorned

If a debate pops up as a pair of topics out of the blue and then disappears just as quick, they have hawkinged

If a topic goes through a thousand different guises before the final, working version appears, it's been edisonised

If the title of a topic is very long, it's diraced

If a topic gets larger every time you go back and look at it, and at an ever increasing rate, it's been moored

If someone is holding onto an idea, no matter what anyone else says and no matter the evidence against them, they're arping

If a topic speeds along to a swift conclusion, it's been mached

Nortilus
30-12-2011, 02:16 PM
what if you get really excited about a topic and need to explain it so enthusiastically...would that be Tysonised

renormalised
30-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Good one, Josh:)