PDA

View Full Version here: : What are you buying your loved ones?

Ric
16-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi all

I've been reading a lot on what we are getting for Christmas, but I'm wondering what are you getting for that special person in your life.:love2:

I'm giving my wife a voucher for $250 from the local Harley Davidson dealership which stock a very large range of ladies gear. I was going to choose something but I get too confused as to what she might want.

For our two cats, they are getting a cat laser toy which projects holograms of mice, stars, butterflys and other assorted things on the wall for them to chase. that will keep them quiet on Christmas day. :lol:

Cheers

scagman
16-12-2011, 03:30 PM
I offered to get her a 16" dob but she doesn't want one. Instead she wants horseland gift vouchers. Go figure!!

traveller
16-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Just popped down to Tiffany and Co and picked up a nice necklace for my wife. When I got back, all the girls in the office buzzed around the bag. I eventually relented and showed them the item on the website, approval all round.
Older son is getting a bike, and the 3 yo is getting that hot rod pedal car.
As for myself, pick up a nice used D90 with Sigma 10-20mm lens to replace my bung D70s.
Happy days!
Bo

supernova1965
16-12-2011, 03:34 PM
We are cutting back as we have had a lot of expenditure this year with appliances needing replacing so we bought ourselves a video camera that's it. We are sending out love to everyone else we know:love:

Waxing_Gibbous
16-12-2011, 04:32 PM
I managed to run down a copy of an 1846 French gossip rag titled "Journale de Liouville" which contains the first printing of some sort of Sudoku puzzle by a bloke named 'Galois'
I think my wife has a crush on him as she's always talking about him and how clever he was (he couldn't have been that clever-he got himself shot when he was 19 or something).
Anyway I figured this might be the thing.

Barrykgerdes
16-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Skinflint
Why didn't you buy the Harley to go with it.:lol::lol:

Barry

Barrykgerdes
16-12-2011, 05:08 PM
I bought her tickets to the tennis open and a trip to Melbourne to see it.
A lot cheaper than the $13000 I spent sending her first class to Wimbledon 6 years ago. She just loves her tennis!. By the way She (who must be obeyed) will be 90 after Xmas.

Barry:thumbsup:

dannat
16-12-2011, 05:20 PM
iPad2... Bought it a couple of weeks ago for her, she was always skeptical of me getting the latest apple prods;iphone iPad MacBook air...she loves it though & sees why I get all apple stuff

TrevorW
16-12-2011, 05:36 PM
No much this year we both don't really need anything

Kevnool
16-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Ticket for my son to go to soundwave in Adelaide in Feb.

Stardrifter_WA
16-12-2011, 09:51 PM
I wish I could........:question:

Octane
16-12-2011, 09:58 PM
A lens, or, two, for myself. :D

H

brian nordstrom
16-12-2011, 10:12 PM
:eyepop: A Haynes manual , oil pack and that 12 mm t4 Nagler for sale here in the classifieds
Quick finish typing .....
Brian...:D

brian nordstrom
16-12-2011, 10:14 PM
:D Brother I will have a used oil pack , if you want . :P
Im in the same boat ,
Ill keep the eye piece tho . :thumbsup:
Brian.

ballaratdragons
16-12-2011, 10:44 PM
:lol: Cheryl said I have to write this to show what a stinge I am:

She is buying her own presents :)
That way she gets exactly what she wants coz I'm a lousy present picker :P

We bought our two sons T shirts and a book each. :thumbsup:

Allan_L
17-12-2011, 04:01 AM
ECCO Hiking Boots @ $250 (reduced from $350).

...and like Ken's missus, she picked them herself (and wrapped them too) ;)

GrahamL
17-12-2011, 06:37 AM
Kids got some books, cloths and linen

Wife got new swimmers,that took around 150kms of driving over a few weeks and visiting at least 20 shops before we went back to the first store and found the perfect ones in 10 minutes.

we also both got tickets to catch the damned in the new year

Gem
17-12-2011, 07:22 AM
A kindle for the wife...

Ric
17-12-2011, 07:42 AM
That's happening next year Barry. :thumbsup:

Omaroo
17-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Nothing.... monetarily, one of the very few advantages of a divorce - but it is certainly outweighed by the pleasure of giving to someone. I do miss married life at Christmas time. :(

However, Merry Christmas to everyone on IIS - and especially to those who have tragically lost their loved ones somehow.

casstony
17-12-2011, 11:39 AM
I have to wonder if the girls of IIS prefer their shiny things with lenses in them, or do they still like rings/necklaces?

My wife would melt down a gold ring to get an ipad2 :). (she does have one wrapped up under the tree).

casstony
17-12-2011, 11:49 AM
I hope you have some family to hang out with at Xmas Chris. I always spare a thought for those alone in the festive season, especially the elderly who have lost lifelong partners. We invite a spinster friend to share Xmas dinner with our family each year.

traveller
17-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Best wishes chris, hope you get a chance to spend some quality time with loved ones. We used to keep on eye out for old frank down the street during this time of the year, but he sadly passed away three months ago.
Bo

Omaroo
17-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks Tony & Bo, and merry Christmas to you both. My family are all 1000km away in Brisbane, but I do have a friend down the road who's opening his doors to me for Christmas dinner. It's a great thing to have friends who have been through the same thing, because in reference to an old partner's family, ostracism is often rampant and utterly complete, and is a big problem for divorcees. Hopefully I might get a chance to drive to Brisbane to see the fam after new year. I only get to see them every couple of years at best.

I know of several people here on IIS that are alone, so best wishes to you all over this period.

Getting back to the original thread topic, I have a great toy that my little nephew is going to love - an Octonauts "Octopod" play set. I had to get it from Britain because Fisher Price don't seem to sell it here yet. Worth every penny, I know, when I see his face :)

Octane
17-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Chris, you should totes indulge yourself in some L-series glass. I know I will be. :D

H

multiweb
18-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Mostly video games, chocolates and other stuff they like.

spacezebra
18-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Come and visit Chris - alway stacks of Christmas Pud for friends..

Cheers Petra d.