PDA

View Full Version here: : Call me old fashioned...

DavidTrap
14-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Maybe I need a reality check, but would you expect that if someone inadvertently transferred money to your account and you returned it to them as soon as it had cleared into your account they would,

a. acknowledge the money had been returned safely

b. say thank-you.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

DT

gbeal
14-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Yep, you're old fashioned, LOL.
Not a scam you are talking about though is it?
Gary

DavidTrap
14-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Not a scam. Someone with whom I'd previously done business, explaining why they had my account details. The original transaction hasn't been reversed after two weeks so I think I'm safe.

DT

Poita
14-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Sorry, that was me. I accidentally transferred David my rent, and he was good enough to shoot it straight back to me.

I am normally very good with thank-you's, I am a big believer in manners and train my kids to be that way too. I've been away from home at hospital pretty solidly this past few weeks as a close friend was dying, he passed away during the eclipse.
I really do appreciate it, but to be honest I hadn't even checked the account, I forgot about it totally - it just slipped my mind.
Thank you again for your honesty and the speed of returning the money.

All good things.

-Peter

DavidTrap
14-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks Peter.

Wasn't going to mention any names - not my style.

Sorry to hear of your friends passing.

Case closed,

DT

Poita
14-12-2011, 11:17 AM
My mum always told me that you had to issue praise or give out apologies in public :)

Thanks again

-Peter

Waxing_Gibbous
14-12-2011, 02:13 PM
When I was about 16 I fond a wallet absolutely FULL of money (maybe 10K!).
The owner's DL and CCs were also in there, so I took it back to him all the way across the city.
When I presented him with the wallet, he flipped through the bills, said "Hunh, it least its all there." and shut the door in my face!
I hope someone mugged him.

multiweb
14-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Actually I have a friend who got charged back home because he returned a wallet that had missing bills to the owner. If I see one on the ground I just leave it there or give it to any nearby shop, bus driver or other and walk away.

Suzy
14-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Awww that was beautifully sorted guys. Peter, you do your mother proud you do, & your wife's a lucky woman.;)

Often there is a valid reason for people not responding. :) And generally I do like to see the good in people.
However, I don't see that regarding my niece...
I transferred $50 into her account as a gift. Sent her two msg's (text and facebook) to ask if she'd recieved it. Haven't heard anything and that was back in August. Even saw her a couple of weeks ago and nothing was said. Xmas day with her is going to be entertaining... I will be bringing it up.:mad2: Sheez, just a msg of two words would have done: "thank you". :rolleyes: Some people are just plain rude, just because she's a lawyer does she believe she's better than everyone else.:screwy: (I don't mean that to apply to all lawyers ;) ).

AstralTraveller
16-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Yes Susy, it's 95% of lawyers that make the rest look bad. :P