PDA

View Full Version here: : Some weird happenings

asimov
12-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi.

I'm having some troubles with the IIS site. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any of this 1: This is no biggy, but my avatar pic (the macro spider) has been 'auto-replaced' by my Jupiter shot I used as an avatar pic a couple of weeks ago. :shrug:

2: Sometimes when I go to reply to a thread & I start to type, the font will be totally different than the default. I haven't actually hit the submit button like this yet, I prefer to get out of that thread & go back in for another go.

3: Not sure if this is site related, but it's my biggest problem :mad2: My browser locks up when viewing some pages, more often than not when I'm viewing who's online. It happened 15 mins ago: Was viewing who's online, (& as we know, it refreshes itself every minute or so) but as it was refreshing, it stopped dead halfway thru & refused to do anything. I've tried closing the browser by hitting the X button or ctrl-alt-delete.....no dice. I can minimise & do anything I like on the computer, check my email etc etc but I will have to eventually reboot the machine by hitting the reset button on the box & re-dialup to get back into IIS (dial-up) I've been told this is a computer memory issue, but I'm not so sure of that...I have plenty of disk space (2 gig) my cache & cookies cleared every day. This has been happening since the site upgrade, & happens no where else. (no other sites, like Cloudy nights for example)

I use IE 6 as my browser & have never had a problem with it.:help3:

mojo
12-03-2006, 01:44 PM
The forum was upgraded yesterday and some avatars did not update properly and I suspect, some like yours used the old avatar. The avatars that were missing, I replaced as best I could from the backups. I've replaced your avatar back to the spider one.

If anyone else has lost their avatar and needs it, tell me what it was and I'll replace it for you, if you don't have a copy of it yourself. Sorry about that. Any new avatar changes will update properly.

As for the other two problems, I don't know why you're having those problems, but I'll have a look at it tommorow.

Mikezoom
12-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Im getting the lack of avatar bug. For eg when I look at asi's instead of the spider it just has text saying "asimov's avatar".

It has its benifits thou as I tend to swat the screen trying to kill the spider everytime it loads.

Edit: Just read your post mojo, all working now.

asimov
12-03-2006, 01:57 PM
No worries Terry, no big deal about the avatar like I said though. I couldn't care less if I have a pic there or not lol. Yeah, I'd be interested to find out whats causing this browser lockup BS. It happens to me 4-5 times a day & moreso if I go & view whos online (which I won't be doing from now on)

Cheers.