PDA

View Full Version here: : How Utterly Stupidly Useless!

pvelez
13-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Warning, Rant Alert

I just want to vent for a minute.

In early November I ordered a Telegizmos cover for my mount. The Telegizmos chap was very helpful and efficient and sent it via USPS on 9 November. Within 24 hours of receiving payment.

It hit Australia and was logged into Australia Post on 1 December. Seems a long time to cross the Pacific but I guess the boat is slow because its loaded with Christams parcels etc.

I'm in the Sydney CBD so I expected it any day after that. Wrong!

Clearly Sydney NSW Australia is a difficult location. Next up the parcel is logged in the Cook Islands. From what I can tell, its still there.

So I try and log a complaint/query with USPS. But of course to do so requires personal details - including my address in the US. The online system won't accept a non-US address and so I can't follow up.

Hence my initial statement - How Utterly Stupidly Useless!

Rant over now

Pete

TrevorW
13-12-2011, 01:45 PM
America, Cook Islands for refueling then Australia once it arrives through customs then AP to your address

pvelez
13-12-2011, 01:57 PM
That makes sense Trevor and I would like that to have been the path

It looks like the parcel travelled US - Australia - Cook Islands

Unless we now have offshore customs processing

Pete

AstralTraveller
13-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Is it seeking asylum? Was it a persecuted minority in its own country? How are mount covers treated in the US???? :D

Octane
13-12-2011, 02:45 PM
I thought you were going to complain about the word association game thread. :P

I feel your pain. It took 3 months for my Robofocus to get back to me from an around the world trip to the US.

H

koputai
13-12-2011, 02:46 PM
That's a concern Pete, I'm intending to buy one very soon myself.

Did you opt for a certain postage option?

I've had dozens of packages sent from the US and always use USPS Express Mail International. They've always arrived in 7-10 days, and at a reasonable price.

The only time I've had issues was when one package hadn't turned up after three weeks. I contacted the sender who managed to find out the package was being held by Australian Customs. Customs had not contacted me nor the sender. After finding a fax machine (Aus Customs wouldn't accept any other method) and paying the fee, my package arrived about a week later.

Maybe try and have the sender query its location?

Cheers,
Jason.

TrevorW
13-12-2011, 02:51 PM
I've been trying to do my best to de-rail it :P;):shrug::screwy:

Stardrifter_WA
13-12-2011, 02:59 PM
I bought one from OPT for my 16" and had no problems at all. :) But, I have noticed in the past that some things appear to take a world tour before arriving here. However, I have ordered lots of stuff overseas and rarely have had this problem. Probably due to Xmas. :)

Stardrifter_WA
13-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Why would you want to do that :question: It's harmless :D

Octane
13-12-2011, 03:19 PM
IceInSpace is not spacebook. Keep the games, there. :P

H

P.S. Pete, you will love your Telegizmos cover. Did you get the 365?

multiweb
13-12-2011, 03:23 PM
USPS is not the fastest service but eventually it gets there.

Stardrifter_WA
13-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Nevertheless, the game has been going for a while. If you think it puerile, you don't have to partake :P :D I, for one, enjoy it, as I enjoy a lot of things on this site. :)

Octane
13-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Oh, I stopped a while back. :P

H

Ric
13-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I liked Mike's sense of humour with the last three posts. :lol:

pvelez
13-12-2011, 04:23 PM
No - just regular postage option.

I have sent a note to the sender. Hopefully he'll get some more sense out of them. He has been very good about it - assuring me that he'd send a replacement if it doesn't turn up.

I am sure it will get here - eventually

Pete

pvelez
13-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Yep, the 365

I have a couple of BBQ covers over the mount and pier. After 3 months its already looking faded (the cover not the pier). I have a PMX coming (hopefully not via USPS!) in January and want the cover ready then.

The pleasure of leaving the scope set up outside - bliss (I hope)

Pete

Octane
13-12-2011, 04:45 PM
You will love the 365. :D

I had the normal one, and, after a while, the set screws in the finder bracket attached to the FSQ-106N started to bite away into the cover until it left a hole. The 365 should take care of that. Might order one tonight.

H

astronut
13-12-2011, 04:49 PM
USPS makes AP look effecient!!
USPS has been on a ongoing "go slow" for quite a while...
You will receive your parcel, just expect it to take a while!!:(:(

Stardrifter_WA
13-12-2011, 05:12 PM
You must all be unlucky :D I have hardly ever had any problems with USPS. I have, pretty much, received everything that I have ordered and when expected. Although I do tend to think that it will take a while, but it ends up getting here before I think it should. Maybe my expectations are just low and I get constantly surprised :D

Waxing_Gibbous
13-12-2011, 06:20 PM
You will definately like the 365. I've used one all through the winter and it's kept my Mak and EQ6 dry and safe. A top-notch product.

The only problems I've had when ordering from the US have been with the posties on THIS end.
We had a new contractor and a lot of stuff went 'missing' both inbound and outbound.
All sorted (one hopes) as they've now been sacked and charged by the AFP, but it's worth checking the Ozpost site (you can use the US tracking number), just in case.

ReaPerMan
13-12-2011, 07:19 PM
I got my 365 set from Telegizmos and it came with USPS in only 7 days. I have used the covers over winter many times and they are just fantastic, I got the cover initially for my C9.25 but it also fits my GSO RC10 without any problems. I also bought the 'skirt' for the EQ6 and this just finishes it off perfectly (kills the grass though!).

all the best

Paul :thumbsup:

Kevnool
13-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Post # 72 I went off topic and said it was spam and I am still amazed it went that far before it got locked.

pvelez
13-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Have just checked the Australia Post site - it records that it left Australia for the Cook Islands on 2 December

Go figure:confused2:

Pete

ballaratdragons
14-12-2011, 01:16 AM
It will be delivered.

As soon as they work out which person called 'Sydney Australia' lives in the Cook Islands :P

I've never heard of such a drama with USPS. They have always delivered to me without a hitch and I am in the country.

Maybe it is Australia Post's mistake, not USPS, because as soon as it arrives in Australia it becomes Australia Post's mail.

Good luck :sadeyes:

pvelez
14-12-2011, 12:10 PM
I withdraw at least part of my rant

Followed up with the Sender - for some reason (I assume a drop down box in an online form) the destination country was recorded as New Zealand.

The odd thing is that the parcel made it to Australia and was then sent on. If it was heading to NZ, why go to the Cook Islands?

Anyway, a replacement is on its way - hopefully correctly addressed.

The issue that started this thread remains - why would USPS only accept complaints/queries from within the US?

Pete