PDA

View Full Version here: : A great read

traveller
12-12-2011, 09:58 AM
I read this on Friday, and again this morning, and still nodding my head at this article's powerful arguements.
The final 4-5 paragraphs are absolutely spot on. This is not a lucky country by design, its through bloody hard work, and we should all be proud of it.
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollytics/2011/12/08/australian-exceptionalism/
Bo

Keltik
12-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Great read, Bo. Anything by Possum is always worth a look, in fact most of the stuff on Crikey is interesting and a refreshing difference to the mindless biased drivel of most of the mainstream media. I'm a regular Crikey visitor.

Stardrifter_WA
12-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Excellent work, well thought through and researched. :) But, I always knew I was "exceptional' and that Australia is an "exceptional" country. Let's keep it that way :D I have written many resumes for others and I have found it bewildering that people with exceptional skills are not willing to recognise that and don't want to "sell" themselves. It is why I haven't had much trouble finding a job. Strangely, I have always recognised my capabilities, even if I don't think I am worthy as a person. :question: