PDA

View Full Version here: : Reminder on the Buy/Sell guidelines

iceman
11-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Hi guys.

Just a timely reminder about the specific buy/sell guidelines:

Please don't post in someone's for sale threads with questions about alternative equipment, or pros and cons of this equipment versus something else. That sort of discussion belongs in the equipment/eyepiece forum.

Doing it in a for sale thread has the potential to put someone off the item - something i'm sure the seller would not be very happy about.

So please, respect the seller's thread and have your general discussions (pros/cons etc) about it in the appropriate forum, and discussions in this forum should be solely for buyers and sellers of the items in question.

Julian
23-11-2010, 09:57 PM
HI Iceman,i notice that there is only 2 post pages on buy and sell, what happened to the others? regards Julian

iceman
24-11-2010, 05:28 AM
As part of the T&C's for For Sale threads, any threads with no activity for 2 months are moved to the archives.

So that's why they've all been moved.

You can search through the IceTrade Archives if you'd like to do any research or look for stuff that has been sitting around for a while.

Julian
24-11-2010, 02:06 PM
thanks for the info. cheers Julian

The Mekon
24-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I plead guilty here.

I have committed these sins, but am utterly repentant.

Allan_L
24-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I guess there must not be any problem with "Bumps" as I see a certain moderator doing it almost daily. :rolleyes:

mick pinner
24-11-2010, 06:28 PM
:Pit's not what you know but who you know.

Digby
24-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Can someone please explain what "Bumps" means, when seen on a thread?

leon
24-11-2010, 09:27 PM
It means, I think, that the seller or someone else just writs "Bumps" and it activates that thread again.

Leon

UniPol
24-11-2010, 09:36 PM
I thought this section was for :

"Telescopes & Mounts Classifieds" (Telescopes, Binoculars, Mounts or complete packages)

Am I mistaken?

Alchemy
24-11-2010, 10:22 PM
It bumps the thread back to the top of the list.... A lot of viewers use just the new posts link, and possibly gets a better circulation.
I'd rather this as you know the seller is keen to sell, than a sale that's hanging around months on and you have no idea if it's still active.
I'd like to see sales culled after a period of time, with the seller to readvertise , this will keep it fresh.

Digby
28-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the explanation.