PDA

View Full Version here: : Bintel is super fast.

mill
08-12-2011, 04:34 PM
I had a RA motor stall on my Losmandy G11 With the version 2 electronics.
The motor was very hard to turn because it was burned out.
I brought it to Bintel in Camberwell yesterday at about 12:30 and i got a call today that the new motor was in at about 11:00 Am.
Picked it up and i am ready again for imaging.
A big thanks for everyone involved in getting the part to Melbourne this quick :thumbsup:
I was expecting to be without a mount for a couple of weeks but this was amazing :eyepop:

bert
08-12-2011, 04:44 PM
I dont think it is just their melbourne store.

I have had the same service from bintel in sydney. I cannot believe how fast I have recieved items posted from them.

Brett

vanwonky
08-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Agreed. Even over to Perth. Not the cheapest but fast!

barx1963
08-12-2011, 09:43 PM
No complaints from me regards the speed of Bintels service. And when something isn't in stock, they have rung me up to check if it was OK to send seperately to the rest of the order.
The only time something took more than 2 or 3 days to arrive at my door was when I gave them an incorrect credit card number and they rang but I didn't get the message from stepson until 2 days later!

Malcolm

leon
09-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Yep they are a pleasure to do business with, always had good experiences with them.

Leon

stephenb
09-12-2011, 08:16 AM
I ordered an Orion Solar Filter from the Sydney store over the phone lunchtime Tuesday ... arrived Thursday morning in Melbourne! Excellent service.

toc
09-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Yep, much love for Bintel here - Their new online site is great as well! (and ordering is a pleasure, unlike some other retailers I could mention)

Stardrifter_WA
09-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Yep, agree with you there Dave.

Damian Couzoff
11-12-2011, 06:24 PM
I dropped into Bintel,Melbourne store yesterday.Luckily,l mentioned the Sydney store to anthony,he was straight on the phone, ordering my 11 inch dew shield,and a couple of dew zappers,ready to pick up by mid next week.Fast and efficent;)

RickS
11-12-2011, 06:51 PM
I have had good experiences with Bintel in the past but my last major purchase was very ordinary. They charged me a higher price than quoted on their web store (two months later they still haven't updated the price that was purportedly incorrect due to exchange rate fluctuations), they charged me a higher price for delivery than what they quoted on the phone and then delivery took several weeks longer than anticipated. No attempt was made to let me know of delays. Nothing appeared to happen unless I chased them and email and phone messages were often unanswered. I will definitely think twice before I order from them again...

Cheers,
Rick.

bloodhound31
11-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I've dealt with them a few times and they are wonderful.

Kevnool
11-12-2011, 08:39 PM
2 days to Broken Hill from Sydney ...there aint nothing wrong with that.

Cheers kev

midnight
12-12-2011, 02:54 AM
This is the 5th instance I have seen the new Gem 2 G11 RA motor failing in the last few months. In my case the mount just took off 2hrs into a guiding session and this has happened before. I am very suspicious about the firmware at this stage.

Everytime I visit Sydney, I allow 1 day to visit the shop and end up running out of baggage space on plane back home:lol:

Darrin...

barx1963
12-12-2011, 06:14 PM
I was in Bintel in Melb on Sat arvo. Anthony didn'tr know about the accessory I was chasing but found it on the website and rang Sydney to see if they had one available. They didn't have it in stock but offeref to let me know when it was available.
Also they sold a couple of dobs while I was in the store so I was able to listen to the standard of advice they gave new customers. Overall it was excellent, gave a very realitic picture of what one could expect to see through a 10" dob and what accessories were necessary.
Also gave a quick rundown of collimation.
Overall very impressed. I also had a couple of queries about a solar scope and a Howie Glatter collimator I was looking at and the replies were excellent.

Malcolm

DavidNg
04-01-2012, 04:44 PM
I bought some plates from Bintel yesterday, Don Whiteman was extremely informative and helpful. Received the items today, well packed too.

Can't be faster and happier

David

Rob
05-01-2012, 08:03 PM
I also got good service from Bintel this week. They took a day to answer my query about which set of Bob's knobs I needed, then despatched same day, and package arrived next day in Canberra.

spacezebra
05-01-2012, 08:13 PM
:party2::love: Bintel

Cheers Petra d.

stevous67
07-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Bintel's pricing is fairly competitive, but rarely the cheapest. In regard to after sales service, both Sydney and Melbourne stores are very good from my experiences. Don, Michael, Anthony, and moved on Rog helped me to get going in astronomy.

Steve